Today I thought I'd share a card that expands on the flowers and foliage I made in white last week in this post. I got a lot of questions about what I had used for foliage, well the answer is the flourishes form Spellbinders Gold Elements One.
The reason why I don't always answer questions in the next days post is that due to work commitments several of my posts are written on a Sunday (my one day off) and so, with my evening job, I don't really have time to change or add anything before the post goes live. Monday mornings my craft room looks like the end of day at the Harrods sale as I do a lot of crafting on Sundays!
In this card I have used the letterpress technique (see yesterdays post of the tutorial) to give the flourish some lilac highlights. I also rubbed the same ink, I use a chalk eye for this as it has a lovely soft finish, on the petals to give some definition.
The remainder of this one is made up with other pieces from the gold dies however the sentiment is stamped, in the same chalk ink, on the centre oval taken from Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles.
The sentiment is 2 separate pieces I stamped together from an old Creative Expression set I've had for years. Enjoy...
A beautiful card John, I love all shades of mauve/lilac/purple. Goes so well with cream. Janice x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colour combination and elegant design John. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card in my kinda colours. This did, bizarrely, appear on my reading list in Blogger a few days ago so had already had a sneak peek. x
ReplyDeleteI love todays card John,a great design and those flowers are beautiful
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
So pretty. xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm sure I've seen this already!! I must be clairvoyant! ROFL!
ReplyDeleteNice card though!
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Hi John lovely card and the colours are fantastic,that calk ink gives a lovely finish .
ReplyDeleteSmiles
Ita
What an absolutely beautiful card John, I just love your flowers and the colour is stunning. Hugs, Jen :-) x
ReplyDeleteKrafty Keepsakes
Fantastic card John I love everything about this beautiful creation.
ReplyDeleteOopps! another question, which Die did you use for those stunning flowers??
Patricia xx
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry John Me again!!
ReplyDeleteHad a look and found the Flower Die was a Nellie Snedden one.
Any chance you could give me the number?? Had a look but can`t seem to find it anywhere.
As you know I am into "Flowers" and this really appeals to me.
Thanks
Patricia xx
Love the oolour and the flowers on this one John very pretty card xx
ReplyDelete