As I may have mentioned yesterday I am busy tonight in a dress rehearsal for Sweet Charity so not a lot of description for this one I'm afraid.
I simply cut each flower in black then inked through the die in white chalk ink and repeated this a few times (felt like a few hundred at the time!) I used one of the flower dies that come with Spellbinders bracket edge box however almost any flower die that has a detail would work for this one and I can see it in a myriad of colours.
Spellbinders bracket edge box die
White and Black PMD smooth card
stick on pearls
Happy Birthday stamp DoCrafts
Creative Expressions Detail White embossing Powder.
Enjoy...
Gorgeous idea I don't do a lot of stamping (I am giving it a go with varying results) but I'm inspired to give it a go with something similar in cd rom crafting Just won't be embossed
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John, love it, you are right this would be great in many different colour combinations.
ReplyDeleteHope your dress rehearsal goes well?
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Lovely card-i'm thinking of using my pearl rub-on in a few colours instead of embossing ink.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Wow im loving this idea John,I have the box die and flowers so will be giving this one a try ,
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day
Elaine H X
lovely card ,nice to see inking through the die ,love the flowers ,have a good time at your rehearsal .Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John. Wonderful card : ) I can see this in loads of colours too and using many flowers so it is perfect for those of us that don't have lots of choice. Just not so keen on all of that handle turning, 16 times for the flowers, lol ! Well worth it though. I hope the rehearsals are going well. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteI did think "ooooh" at the title but the black flowers look fab. Can sympathise as I had to cut and twirl 30 roses for a card last week.
Enjoy your rehearsing.
Ang x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, you do think of some wonderful creations, so clever.
Lydia
X
Luv this effect (didn't think I was going to) but I do xx luv how you have created the aperture and filled it with the same layout - fab xx hope the rehearsing is going well xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteA stunning effect John, kept simple but very classy. Janice x
ReplyDeleteBrilliant idea John and so easy once you have all the flowers cut!! Still, something to do on a wet winter afternoon when you have nothing better to do!! Hope your rehearsals are going well, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteMy goodness that works well! I think I'd have to add a bit of colour, but then we are all different, aren't we.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the idea and would look just as good in any colour.
Hope the rehearsals are going well.
Love Sheila xx
Hi John, love it! Hope dress rehearsals go well.
ReplyDeleteLovely, xxx
ReplyDeleteFantastic John ,I love it, as others say you can use any colour ,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration .
Ita.
Gorgeous card John!
ReplyDeleteI echo Wendy's sentiments.
ReplyDeleteNancy
LOVE IT thanks for the inspiration John xx
ReplyDelete