Good Morning Lovely Blog people,
Today I thought I would continue the theme of not red and white ( can you call that a theme) and try for something delicate and pretty!
Now I am often being told that a particular card would look lovely in pastels so, although this is not strictly pastel, I thought id have a go at being pretty!
This card started with an A4 piece of cream cardstock folded in half. I added a piece of First Edition floral pavilion paper which I mounted onto pink card. I added, with foam tape, a larger double mat of cram and pink behind it, before attaching to the card.
A strip of beautiful woven green ribbon is tucked in between the layers to run along the front with all the elements based on top of this 'stripe'. Firstly a die cut, in the same cream cardstock, from Spellbinders A2 filigree delight decorated by stick on pearls. The centre panel is cut with the centre die form the set on which I mounted a piece of the same card, cut by drawing round the inside of the oval die and hand cut, which I edged in pink chalk ink.
The sentiment is stamped onto one a piece cut with the tag section of the filigree die set, with more pearls. The leaves are cut with Spellbinders Foliage which I die cut and stencilled through the die and some random paper roses I found in my stash.
Both sentiments used are from Creative expressions although I can't remember which set it is.
I hope you find this pretty and good relief from all the strident red and white of the last few days
Enjoy...
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. Well your card sure is a pretty and pastel one.
It's stunning.
Hazel
Very pretty! Not what I would call pastel but I guess it comes down to what you are comparing it with! ROFL! So...... on reflection on your past cards probably is pastel! LOL!:)
ReplyDeleteCrafty Hugs
Heather xx
Hi John, not pastel to me but very pretty paper, cream is just right with it. The die is lovely andthe green ribbon sets it all of. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteWilma x x x
It's beautiful John - not exactly what I would call pastel, but if it had been, it would have been wishy washy. I think you got the balance exactly right.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful paper used in this card ,love the die used .A fab card .Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLike the others have said not pastel I would have said this verges on bright, but very pretty.
Lydia
X
A very pretty card John
ReplyDeleteI love the style, a busy flowery paper, but bright and beautiful
Elaine H X
A very busy card today John, very flowery and I wouldn't think pastel. It is a very bright card but pretty. Hugs, Jen x
ReplyDeleteKrafty Keepsakes
What a pretty card John. Love the flowery paper and the die cut and the sentiments. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Hola John
ReplyDeleteOnly pastel compared to my colour schemes hahaha!
Beautiful card and gorgeous backing paper. x
John, what a lovely feminine card. Such pretty colours. Janice x
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card John, this one is definitely me and such super paper. Have a good afternoon, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteI like, I like, I really like this, maybe not quite pastel but stunning anyway. I am loving that beautiful backing paper.
ReplyDeletePatricia x
Oh my, what a beautiful card, I would be overjoyed if it was sent to me!! You are so talented John.
ReplyDeleteMaggie x
Hi John this is lovely, beautiful dies and a lovely sentiment, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John. A really pretty girls card, with a gorgeous backing paper. Take care.
ReplyDelete