I would also like to say a MASSIVE thanx to Mrs Duck with whom I spent a couple (read over 4) hours with yesterday chatting, laughing and generally putting the (craft) world to rights! I cant remember when I've enjoyed a Wednesday afternoon so much!
Generally I would post a card today for Mrs D however I am stuck with the cards I had prepared for this week so here we go with Christmas In August!
Strange colours for Christmas I hear you cry but I always think if you don't try it....
Filigree card base with a selection of muted brown, beige and chocolate with a sentiment that is completely contradictory to the card, Merry & Bright !
Got the feeling that this one may be better with the sentiment changed however we do have call in the Card & Gift Shop for thinking of you at Christmas cards so this could be for that.
Enjoy....
Hi John, what a bummer to have been hacked and now to try and sort it out, hopefully you can.
ReplyDeletebeautiful card, I love this color combination and the whole design is great.
How lovely meeting up with Ang yesterday, I'm hoping to meet her in November at the Birmingham craft show, she sounds such fun.
have a good day, Kate X
lovely colours on this card,the tellow tone brightens it up.Hope you can get laptop sorted soon.Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your Lappy gosh i hope you can sort it ,i wouldnt know where to start and would be lost without mine .
Todays card is lovely i love the poinsettia with the silver leaves .
Elaine H X
Hola John
ReplyDeleteLoving the non traditional card colours. . . Its contemporary meets Christmas which is right up my avenida!
Had a fab afternoon yesterday, so much so, I yapped Mr Duck's ears off about it and forgot to do my blog! You're a top chap Mr Lockwood!
Ang x
Hi John,Love your colour scheme, so unusual for Christmas, but it really works well. The yellow beads in the centre of the poinsettia are pure genius tfs!
ReplyDeleteMaggie x
I wondered what the email was about yesterday. Love this design but do agree that a diff. sentiment would be better. Glad you had a good afternoon yesterday, hope you h ave not been telling her too many secrets about what we get upto here in Spain!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the colour scheme! I like it even better, as I already have the dies. Thanks for the ideas, sorry you have been hacked, that's horrible.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGood job you will be able to sort out your laptop, would not know where to start and would have to get help. I like the design of your card but I'm sorry but the colours are not for me, I like traditional colours at Christmas.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Just love this Spellbinders die.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good chat yesterday afternoon with Mrs D. Sounds like fun.
I got an e-mail from you this morning which I opened, about coffee beans. Hope I haven't given myself the dreaded lurgy.
Love Val x
I got an e-mail yesterday about dieting - he must have been peeking!
ReplyDeleteNow my curiosity is piqued - I want to know what goes on in Spain. I live in a very quiet French backwater - nothing happens here.
I love the change of colour scheme for Christmas and adore the little amber centres to the flowers.
Thank you John for showing me how to comment on your blog.
Maggie x
Hi John, yes I got an email yesterday from you about dieting. Green coffee beans???? Hope my emails have not been hacked now..
ReplyDeleteLove this card the poinsettia is one of my all time favourite dies along with delicate aster. Love the fresh colour ways. It's good to try something different. Don't know if you are still enjoying the sunshine in the UK it's raining in Kent today. Janice x
Stunning Card and I really like the colours, so fresh looking!
ReplyDeleteHi John ,I knew yesterday when i Opened your e.mail that you had been hacked I should not have opened it,that is is why I re sent it to you.You must be a mind reader I am also playing around with Gray and lemon this week,your Card is stunning, but am also iffy about the greeting..How nice that you were able to meet Mrs Duck,and that you both a great afternoon.I would love to meet someone here in Cork to have a crafty chat,but have no idea where.
ReplyDeleteSmiles
Ita
Good morning John, also got that e-mai, my first thought was "cheeky so and so I don't need to loose THAT MUCH weight. Then the penny dropped with a rather loud clatter. So far so good, my computer seems to be ok!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good day with Mrs Duck. Hazel (my sister) and I are hoping to meet her in November at the NEC
Your card is great I would never have thought of those colours but I really, really like it.
Have a Great Day
Patricia x
So sorry to hear you have been hacked John but glad you had a nice afternoon with Ang. I like the colours you have used here, so totally different. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteNice card John.
ReplyDeleteCrafty Hugs
Heather xx
gorgeous card John. love the colours you have chosen x
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about being hacked, always a pain. Do hope you are having a fun holiday and I personally love the colors that you used for the Christmas card!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog, love the words of encouragement, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina♥
ReplyDelete