Happy Monday Lovely People,
Todays card is a filigree die cut delight (hopefully) I started this one by cutting four of the corner dies from Spellbinders Gold Elements one and wondered what to do with them! When layering them up I noticed how they created a negative space square when I placed them on top of each other like this, so that's what I did.
I layered two of the die cuts on each side, leaving a square in the middle, on to PMD Kraft card then double matted this onto black and kraft card.
The size of this one is an A4 sheet folded in half to create a landscape card. Next I cut one of the centre square elements from the same set, in matching Kraft, which I then double layered in the same colours on a hand cut square.
I decorated the centre and edges with a beige gem (part of my Chino Shop bargains) However the card still looked rather bland. I tried lots of different sentiments but couldn't get anything to work until I tried the gold ribbon and bow. I threaded the ribbon through the different layers and added a simple double bow on the top. I really liked the look of this card without a sentiment as I feel the simplicity says it all.
One of the post popular ranges of Cards we sell in the Card and Gift shop I work in is our blank range sometimes it's nice to send a card that you can just write in what you want. Enjoy...
Wonderful.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to getting home. xxx
Hi John, elegant is the only way to describe this card, a touch of class. Who would believe kraft card could look so expensive.
ReplyDeleteWilma x x x
ReplyDeleteJohn a beautiful, elegant card. As you say blank cards leave it up to the person to say what they want.
Hazel xxx
Hi John, your card is so striking in gold and black and very elegant,
ReplyDeleteAlthough I am a stamper at heart, I do appreciate all you very talented folk who create these wonderful SB cards. Just love it, Kate x
fab card John ,love looking at your creations.Laura O
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeletegorgeous card. Very Feekenesque!
Im guessing the card shop is not the job that keeps you out til 1am or do the Spanish have a yearning for a late night filigree like the Brits would a kebab lol!
I am not a fan of multi story car parks, Im afraid. I would have thought the flat wide spaces of Fosse Park would be better for the Range Rover too. Will see if I can think of anywhere else and send you an email.
Have a great day. x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the card but sorry not the bow, not a fan of big bows.
Lydia
X
Beautiful card, and I agree with you, it didn't need a sentiment.
ReplyDeleteHi John, Yet another delightful card for us ,i especially love the bow it gives the card class and adds to the style ,i do like cards i can scribble my own message onto at times .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Beautiful card John, black and gold always looks great together.
ReplyDeleteA very classy looking card
Sue x
Hi John. To think I have these dies and would never have thought of arranging them as beautifully as this. I'm a huge fan of bows, the bigger the better and I just love this one. I sell so many cards in the shop that have "Just to Say.." on them. I agree it covers every other occasion.
ReplyDeleteStocked up on gems in our Chino shop yesterday by the way.
Enjoy your day.
Love Val x
Good morning John....just how many jobs do you have apart from making cards and writing about them for us every day???!! I really like the look of this card, very elegant and it doesn't need a sentiment, the picture makes the statement. Have a good day, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteJust the two! I work 2 shifts in a local bar however as it is the summer and tourists (bless them) are everywhere I work three nights. Some days I finish in the shop at half five and start in the bat at 6! The bar I class as my craft fund otherwise I couldn't buy all the dies I must have lol
DeleteWhat a lovely, elegant card, a very masculine card and you are right the card has no need for a sentiment. Like how you used the dies. Hugs, Jen xx
ReplyDeleteKrafty Keepsakes
WOW John, what a beautifully, elegant card ~ love it!
ReplyDeleteMaggie x
Hi John funny I have being playing around with this Die also,but I got brain freeze ,with the corners and the and the centre square,and you have come up with a fantastic design for them,which I am going to copy if you do not mind,.this card is so classy and elegant,and no need for a sentiment ,I love the bow.
ReplyDeleteA big thank you for the inspiration you give me every day.
Smiles
Ita
A lovely card John, simple but very effective. Janice x
ReplyDeleteNice card John love the dies you have used!
ReplyDeleteCrafty Hugs
Heather xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card. I'd use it with a bow for a female friend and without for a male!
Best wishes
Anne O