Happy Simple Sunday,
Today's card is the second part form Friday and is, again, made from the scraps left over form that card. All I simply did was to mount the waste piece form cutting the Delicate Daisies onto a double sided sheet and add Creative Expressions Glacier Ice. I added some matching gems in the centres and mounted the whole piece on a hand cut Lavender card.
The final detail is the faux stitching around the edges and the stems and leaves. I drew these on by hand ( difficult as I haven't done much drawing since leaving art college some 15 years ago) with a fine line pen.
A simple and quick card for a Sunday,
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies Die
Double Sided Adhesive sheets
Creative Expressions Glacier Ice
Pen!
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWOW, Another Amazing Card, I Really Love This Sue Wilson Daisies Die I Must Purchase On My Return From My Holiday, I Love The Creative Expression Glazier Iced Snow This Has More Texture Which I Love And More Bling!
I Love The Faux Stitching Which I Know It Sound Silly But Im Not Good At!
Take Care John
Hugs from Sam x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletegreat card today, and to think it's using whats left of Fridays card.
Love that creative Expressions Glacier Ice background.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteVery CAS for you but very pretty. Great way of using what may have gone in the bin.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Glad to see a great piece using the scraps. Gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteScraps! Never! It looks amazing I "squeeze" my cuts onto card & afterwards think if I'd given it a bit of thought "that would have made a nice aperture" etc I was determind not to get the daisies because the flowers from Sue's previous collection are on my Need List but... I'm changing my mind (again!)
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteThe simplicity of your scrap card is stunning, with a different sentiment it would be a good sympathy card.
Lydia
X
Great card today-I also forget to think about where i'm cutting dies out of on card & wouldn't think ahead to be avle to make something lovely like this.
ReplyDeleteLuckily for my credit card I wasn't able to find the Daisy dies yesterday-guess i'll be ordering online later!
Michele.
Morning John, this card worked out really well, considering you were using scraps. Janice x
ReplyDeleteHi John, a great card. No-one would know its from "left overs".
ReplyDeleteGreat card John - what you are really saying is to plan ahead, and not just cut out flowers randomly, or squashed into the corner of a sheet of card, in an effort to not waste that sheet. In future, I'll try and plan to get two from one!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations John as mentioned above a bit of planning can make sure that actually nothing is wasted. Really like what you have done on this card, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful John, looks fab. Great use of waste though I would not call that waste it was cleverly thought out.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John. What a gorgeous card, I love it. And like Leslie and Jackie I must remember to think about how I cut my dies so that I can get 2 instead of just saving paper by cutting in the corner! Thank you for a lovely card and a great tip. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing how you use your scraps to make a perfectly lovely card....I must try and start to think more wisely after using my diecuts and see what's left over. Many thanks for the inspiration.
I'm a bit late today as I've just got back from Sincerely Yours craft show at Leigh.
Spent too much but had a great time with my crafting buddy.
Love Sheila xx
Hi John. Very different type of card from you but it's very pretty.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
fantastic card love the simplicity of this card .Laura O
ReplyDeleteLovely card John,and I never think ,ahead when cutting,it is a great tip.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration .
Ita.
Catching up with blogs so commenting backwards if that makes sense - so not seen Fridays card yet (I know what I mean) !!! Fab card. & luv your doodling - passes for me xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete