Today's card is a filigree card made very simply from just one die. As I have said before there are tutorials for how to make the filigree card on you tube however I will be making my version on a video tutorial in the next couple of weeks using a background die however I am holding onto that one for a while lol
Back to toady I simply die cut the card base with the largest die from Spellbinders Mystical Embrace die which makes a nice detailed card base however it leaves a nice solid rectangle in the centre onto which you can build a nice raised area. I simply then added a panel of gold mirror card, embossed with the tied together embossing folder, which I had cut to match the centre section. I stamped the sentiment in versamark and embossed it with detail Gold embossing powder and die cut the piece using the square oval die from the spellbinders radiant rectangles set.
Ingredients:
Spellbinders Mystical Embrace Die
Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles die
Sue Wilson Filigree Bow die
Gold & Brown cardstock PMD
Waltzing Mouse sentiment stamp
Gems from stash
Enjoy...
Wow-what a stunning card!! I love the addition of the card bow-perfect.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Just LOVE this card base John. Another die I've just got to have. You're a great salesman for Spellbinders.
ReplyDeleteYou made me laugh with your spelling. For a split second I thought I was going to see a TOAD topper LOL. Just as if!
Bye for now.
Love Val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteNot sure about this one John, sorry.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Love this card, so ornate this die is great for this type of card : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteNow this you described very well and its just as fabulous as I imagined. I can even live with the brown lol! Love it!
I too, like Val, was wondering who "Toady" was. Thought you'd started getting into Neighbours hahaha!
Have a great day matey!
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful card and the gold embossing looks so lovely against the chocolate background and perfectly finished with SW's bow. Looking forward to the video.
Love Sheila xx
Gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, I like the concept but not this card, perhaps it is the colour, a little dark, though I'm sure in real life it will look lovely, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a mixed set of comments from above - I kind of agree with them a beautiful card not not 100% sure about brown- suppose it's a girl thing - we prefer pink !!!.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good time at the show - despite the rain. Looking forward to seeing what you've bought. Janice xx
P.s - still getting your comments through my g-mail x
Fab card - luv all of it including the colour but would look equally nice in other colour combos too xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and look forward to seeing your video for this type of card! I love the colours Another couple of sets of dies so must look out for I have Sue's bows Now saving hard for the Itty Bitty ones
ReplyDeleteP.S. I lurve lurve lurve the colours
ReplyDeletePretty, but I think the bow gets a bit lost... perhaps a gold one would look better? You would need to try it first.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John but not too sure about all the brown you have used perhaps less brown but a bit more cream or vanilla...I have all the ingredients to make this card except for the stamp and bow so I might try giving it a go in a different colour...thanks for the shares and take care Susan downunder xx
ReplyDeleteHi John super card,love the colour,but the camera is not doing justice to it.
ReplyDeleteIta.
Brilliant...thank you John.
ReplyDeleteYour art is beautiful.
Happy thoughts,
Petrina
great card John ,love these detailed cards that you make ,Laura O
ReplyDelete