This is a recycled card form one I posted a few weeks ago that split opinion, click HERE if you want to see the original card. I had to agree with everyone that the pink die cuts on the original card was just too much! Therefore I pulled it apart and started again with all the pieces and made this one.
The only difference from the original is the addition of the new sentiment. This I stamped onto acetate using Archival black ink and pinned into the bow to fix it to the card.
The fold is also different on this one as a flap folds over the front holding the central panel and I feel it softens the pink and blue rose paper from First Edition.
Ingredients:
Spellbinders Elegant Ovals
Spellbinders Classic ovals small
First Edition Floral Pavillion paper pad
Indigoblu sentiment stamp
I hope you all like this recycled version I am a lot happier with it!
Enjoy...
Hi John. Had to look back to see which card you were talking about and yes it was rather pink!
ReplyDeleteLike this one much better, so love that oval die. Like the fold very much. You must have boxes and boxes of sentiments, something i seem to be sadly lacking.
Enjoy your Sunday. Hope your mum is settling in ok.
Love Val x
This is now a lovely card, the earlier version was a tad too pink for me.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
This is much much better The previous card was way too pink What a coincidence (re recycling cards) I was sifting through my meagre pile of makes to see which "old" ones can be improved now that I own a few dies!
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteMuch better. The main difference for me is losing that jagged edged die cut . Its not a favourite and now your card has a softer look to it.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John, Ang has taken the words out of my mouth as my first thought was it has a much softer look to it. Enjoy your Sunday best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAlthough I liked the earlier one I have to admit I really prefer this one it' so pretty and I love the fold.
Love Sheila xx
Waste not, want not John, and it's definitely an improvement.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteYes I love it now very pretty.
Lydia
X
Love it John, a lot softer, Beautiful papers though and I love the Ovals on the front.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Much nicer.
ReplyDeleteHows it going over there?
Hi John, I like this one better!
ReplyDeleteLike everyone else I think this one is softer looking, although I did like the previous one too.
ReplyDeleteHope you have settled back alright, how's the new craft room coming along?
Love Nancy
Yes, I agree this version is much more pleasing to the eye. Nice recovery.
ReplyDeleteDorthy
Fab card - I had to look back to compare and think I must have missed the original because I didn't leave a comment!! not sure how that happened but I do prefer this version and the sentiment on acetate looks brill - wouldn't have thought to use Archival only Staz-on which I don't really like so thanks for the tip xx GailT xx
ReplyDeletelike this one much more ,love the flap that folds over the front .the first card was very pretty [the pink die cut was a little too much though].Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,this is stunning,the other one had too much Pink.
ReplyDeleteI am having problems cutting Sues new Striplet,I am trying to do a A4 folded in half,and I want to have the Striplet,down the left hand side,embossed no cut,but the bit in the middle,will not emboss??
Any advice??
Ita.
P.s. I am home from Hospital .
Hi John. Love it! Much better, I love the paper and now I love the rest of the card too. Take care.
ReplyDelete