One of the things I bought during my missing Mojo last week form the local charity shop was a candle lamp. I wanted to try to copy this is paper, although I am not 100% happy with this version it is a start and I'm sure I will revisit it in the future.
The shade is made in paper and the base is a red wine glass. The idea is that an electronic tea light can be placed in the glass and the lamp will light up!
I measured the shade against a sheet of A4 card to create a template then die cut the resulting shades.
Due to more IE problems sorry this is late and short! I have taken advice from Lesley's comment and gone with Chrome!
Enjoy...
nice idea ,John .love the idea of electronic tea light ,so easy .Laura O
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteDid think at first, when you said card and candle, there was going to be a call to the bomberos! What an ingenious idea. You are a clever salchicha!
Chrome and Blogger do seem to work hand in hand and I'm guessing that Google have deliberately engineered it that way so you will use it.
Have a great evening.
Ang x
Love the shades John, and I hope you are finding your way around Chrome. I have all my fav. sites (Inc. yours) bookmarked (hit the star, top right) and I keep the most used ones along the top strip, next fav's I move up to the top of the book mark drop down list.
ReplyDeleteLove the tea light shade idea, not ever seen the glasses with a ready made shade, so not sure how I would go about making a pattern for an ordinary glass. Will have to put my thinking cap on.
Hi John. Great shades, what a clever ideato use a wine glass as the base! Sorry to be so daft but how does the shade fit on? Does it just balance on the wineglass? Take care.
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever idea John, so effective. I obviously need to look up this "chrome" as I have no idea what you are talking about other than it is some sort of computer programme!!! Have a good day, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHI John,
ReplyDeleteYes to Chrome, I use it all of the time. Great idea today very effective decoration fo the table.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a really fab idea. You are one very clever crafty person.
Crafty regards. Jenny L.
Just catching up as was on a project day (Sunday) making a vintage apron xx luv the concept of this and what a fab idea xx need more info on how to make the paper shade though if you have the time xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete