Today's card looks, to me at least, like it has been antique stained using cold tea. Actually this isn't the case its all been coloured with a gingerbread colour chalk ink.
This creation actually started with the flowers which were plain white roses from Wendy next door. I was playing testing a new chalk ink and started distressing the edges of the roses with it, I loved the effect and wanted to make a card to showcase them.
The background is a simple sheet of PMD cardstock embossed with an A4 Darice folder and inked with a gingerbread chalk pad.
The topper is made of differing layers of Spellbinders in brown and Kraft cardstock with a circle cut in the centre and the second smallest label in the centre.
The roses are from spellbinders bitty blossoms simply cut in cream and inked on the edges.
Old fashioned but modern, I hope...
Enjoy...
Hola John
ReplyDeleteNot my colours but a super card none the less. Do the chalk inks dry well? I thought they were pigment based so I've shied away thinking they may smudge easily.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove your card, can see this done in many colours.
Lydia
X
Today's card is especially lovely and just my cup of tea :) x
ReplyDeleteWow, I have a set of chalks and have done nothing with them - thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteMmmm I thought you had to spray hairspray on chalks to stop them coming off but perhaps that is an old fashioned idea!! Not that your card is John, very nice, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. Beautiful card again. Love the subtle colours and the flowers. Take care.
ReplyDeleteNever thought of using chalks like this before John, might give it a try now though. Hugs, Jen xx
ReplyDeleteKrafty Keepsakes
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteanother really super card. Love the design and chalking. Great embossing too.
Not going to have my op now for another few weeks so I will still be able to visit your lovely blog.
Crafty regards. Jenny L.
Luv it and the colours and absolutely luving that emboss folder xx luv the combo of dies for the element and the sentiment is brill too xx just luv everything about this card xx GailT xx
ReplyDeletevery nice card ,love the ink shading [tea dye look].another stunner .Laura O
ReplyDelete