Christmas is now officially over, for a couple of months at least!
Todays card is the result of me playing with my score-pal and making a lot of lines and folding. I alternatively scored at 1cm and 2cm gaps I then pleated these pieces to make this, navy blue, backing. Hopefully from this picture you can see the folding and pleating.
To secure the pleats I cut a piece of card, in the same col,our, the size of the folded piece and adhered the folds to this (using double sided tape)
Next step I glued this onto the front of a hand cut card blank after tying a simple white ribbon around the front and tied a bow.
Finally I die cut some ivy swirls from Joanna Sheen signature dies, edged them with blue ink and added them across the front. A couple of inked flowers , blue gems and finished.
I'm sure someone has come up with this technique however its new to me!
Enjoy...
Great card, love this idea must have a go at something similar
ReplyDeleteReally like your "floral/leaf embellishments
Happy Crafting
Patricia
Finished off perfectly. xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, Well I've never seen this technique before (patent it quick) and will definitely have a go, it's looks very effective. Love the way you've used the ivy die. I have this and must admit thought I would only use it for Christmas but it goes to show it's an all year rounder. Beautiful card, love the DL shape.
ReplyDeleteSorry I can't join you Thursday. Take care.
Love Val x
Hola John
ReplyDeleteProbably is floating out there on tinterweb but I've not come across it. It looks great; very effective and would go flat in an envelope too, I guess. Love the floral arrangement too.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John. This is simply stunning! It is so beautiful, I love everything....the colour....the folds....the contrasting white edged leaves etc. I haven't every seen anything like it but will be trying to copy yours, it will be used a lot by me, if I can pull it off:) Take care.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John and I don't think I 've seen a pleated card like this, so perhaps you have invented it all by yourself! I have that die too, so I might be having a go at this one. Well done!
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever idea John, the card looks so unusual , a real stand out one for the mantelpiece. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLike everybody else not seen this before so it must be your invention. Love the flower spray, so pretty.
Lydia
X
What a beautiful card John, I have certainly never saw this type of card before, so it must be your creation and only yours. Well done, stunning embellishments also. Hugs, Jen x
ReplyDeleteKrafty Keepsakes
Wow John this is gorgeous !
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely idea making a beautiful card, john, you are very inventive and thank you for sharing this with us. From the other comments there will be a lot of the same style appearing soon.
ReplyDeleteWilma x x x
like this card ,this is such a great idea,and looks so stylish .A great start to the new year .Laura O
ReplyDeleteFab card & not seen this done before & luv the flowers & ivy - very effective & luv the colour combo too xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteFab card & not seen this done before & luv the flowers & ivy - very effective & luv the colour combo too xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteWell done John - such a different style of card. I most certainly will have a go at this. I've just popped over from your Spanish neighbour's blog. Why don't you enter it into the challenge at Lothian Crafts? The theme is female birthday card.
ReplyDeletePamela
DT member for Lothian Crafts
This is lovely - I must give it a try!
ReplyDelete