Sorry today's post is a little late I didn't finish work till late last night! Todays card is slightly different from what I've been making lately. It is, deceptively, a simple card.
I decorated the front using a simple sentiment I've had for ages (and have to admit don't know where from) on a die cut, in the same colours, using Spellbinders labels die (again don't know which one answers on a postcard please). This was threaded through a matching ribbon and foam mounted onto the acetate section at the bottom. Finally I used the spare piece from the tartan inside so that all the layers are visable.
Hello John
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking 'Burn's Night'! Or 'New Year, Hogmanay' I love the tartan it is unusual but festive I think - lovely
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Hi John. This is so effective. Love the use of acetate and the edging dies used thrice. The tartan reminds me of a poplin dress i had when i was a young girl. Really pretty caard.
ReplyDeleteLove Val xxx
Hi John ,
ReplyDeleteYes i agree it is a card with a difference , a clever touch with the acetate , My Scottish friend would love this
Elaine H X
Beautiful card John, love the design and the beautiful papers.
ReplyDeleteHugs Julie xx
Lovely bright card John and dare I say my first thought was . . . . . . . . Christmas! Sorry, I said the C word in June. Those bracket dies are ace.
ReplyDeleteAng x
Lovely card John, good colour combination. Janice
ReplyDeleteHi John stunning card,and a very different design ,the acetate is a great idea,and the card reminded me of snow, and sitting by the fire drinking hot whiskey lol
ReplyDeleteand it is 22 degrees here ,sun shining,so am going to take advantage of it.
Smiles
Ita
Love that edge cutter, but have to admit not my colours. xxxx
ReplyDelete