A really simple and elegant (hopefully in your opinions) card today which with a change of sentiment would do for so many occasions.
The interest in this card is the Ivy trail along the side however I wanted to show how just by stamping the main element from the Dogflower Frames elements stamp set, in perfect medium and embossing it in Cosmic Shimmer Detail black embossing powder. This, stamped on coconut white card, creates a dramatic yet simple sentiment panel and as last weeks Saturday project would easily make batch cards.
The card this is mounted on is made using a square cut to 18x18cm into which I have die cut CE Craft dies by Sue Wilson Ivy die form the finishing touches collection. I then stuck another square, using Cosmic Shimmer dies clear glue and being careful to add glue around the edge of the die cut, to another square cut the same size. I then flooded the gap between the die cut and the solid piece with Cosmic Shimmer clear lacquer and allow sit to dry. This produces a slightly recessed piece that is glossy and has texture.
I tied a piece of black seam binding around this square and foam mounted the sentiment panel over the top, I also added a small pearl embellishment over the knot.
Finally I made a square card blank at 20x20cm and foam mounted the front piece over this, this hides the ribbon on the back.
Ingredients:
CE Clear stamps dog flower frames elements set
CE Craft dies by Sue Wilson Ivy finishing touch die set
Coconut white foundation card
Cosmic Shimmer detail black embossing powder
Cosmic Shimmer crystal clear lacquer
Enjoy...
Morning John, such an elegant and beautiful card today, love it, I would love to see you make this on one of your shows or even a video, that would be a real treat.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you just beautiful. Take care Kitty.
Classy card John, CAS and lovely!
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
white on white card is really stunning
ReplyDeleteStunning card, one that could be easily changed into a christmas card. Did I really mention "christmas "??!!
ReplyDeleteMichele
Gorgeous card John. I have never thought of using clear lacquer in this way so will have to try it as it's so effective!
ReplyDeleteCarolyn B
Thanks for sharing this technique it looks great xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, fabulous card today, and as you say with a different sentiment woukd be suitable for many occasions. Great idea with filling the ivy die cut area. Another technique to try. Have a great day . Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning, off to a Lace Day today
Hugs
Carol x
Hi John, it certainly is an elegant card. Love the ivy cut out of the card and filled up with glue/ lacquer. Gorgeous card indeed ,love Jane B.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, I love black and white.
Lydia
X
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteVery subtle and elegant. The glossed recess is inspired. I can think of many suitable occasions.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Gorgeous idea, would never have thought to use the lacquer in this way. I have a question re the lacquer - so will email you later
ReplyDeleteA stunning card. I love black and white cards.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteExcellent quick card, but very dramatic in black and white!
Lorna D
Brilliant technique John - I just got two bottles of glossy accents, so I'm guessing they would do the same trick!
ReplyDeleteVery elegant John. I enjoy reading how you've made the cards.
ReplyDeleteHi Jihn
ReplyDeleteAnother stunner today. I love how you've cut the trailing Ivy Out if the card. Your stamps are really really lovely.
Absolutely fabulous, love the Ivy trail and stamp
ReplyDeleteHello John, what a stunning card, great idea filling the Ivy in with clear lacquer.
ReplyDeleteThis is a card that would fit so many occasios. Thank you for sharing.
Have a good weekend, Brenda
Hi John, lovely card, very classy. X Ros
ReplyDeleteHi John fantastic card in my favourite colour,thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteIta.
Hi John, A very lovely CAS card, as you say, would be ideal for 'batch' cardmaking.
ReplyDeleteBlack and White always elegant.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful and elegant card you've made there, John. I love it.
ReplyDeleteThose trailing ivy dies are gorgeous, and so versatile.
HAGD, Rose
Very stylish card John, love the black and white. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John, I love the elegance of this card, beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteRegards Liz.
Brilliant card and love how you glazed behind the Ivy die cut piece xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John.
ReplyDeleteI finally got your Daisy Corner stamps on Friday but have not had the chance to play with them yet lol!
Hope you have had a good crafting weekend.
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/