Happy Wednesday,
What could be better than a couture Wedding? Well today's creation for the CE Design Team is a couture Creations themed project using singles stamps from Creative Expressions. These are designed to alert wedding guests of the date of the approaching nuptials. The tradition of Save the Date is American and is designed to give people a good years notice of an appending wedding prefect if its in the summer as we know how quickly summer weekends are all booked up.
Today's project would make the perfect gift for a bride to be, a set of save the date cards and a Couture Creations die cut box to hold them in. I stated by making the card banks at 10 x 10cm and stamping the Heart and Roses single stamp and colouring the flowers in distress markers (you could colour these to match any wedding theme or simply change the colour of the card to match. Next I stamped the Save The Date legend from the Bold Flourish wedding stationary stamp set, this set is remounted and cut and contains all the sentiments you need for any wedding stationary even a order of service!
Next I made the box by making a simple 11 x 11cm box and die cutting the Couture Creations Love Abounds die. I then added a piece of coconut white foundation card behind the die cut aperture onto which I had added a piece of Creative Expressions double sided adhesive sheet. I then replaced the die cut into the aperture and added a sprinkling of Iced Snow for the Glitter Jewels collection into the spaces.
Finally I added a seam binding tie and bow and the gift is made. Click HERE to see what the rest of the team have come up with or the enter the CE Blog challenge it would be great to see some of you enter and display your work to us all!
Ingredients:
Couture Creations Love abounds die
CE Bold Flourish Wedding stamp set
CE Heart and roses single stamp
Coconut White Foundation card
Iced Snow
White Seam Binding.
Enjoy...

Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you Just lovely. Take care Kitty.
Hi John. A lovely idea for any bride and groom to be. I love that heart die cut, it is so pretty. (great pics, by the way) Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John, What a pretty creation, could be used for a variety of uses. just love it's elegance and simplicity. hugs to all, Linda.
ReplyDeletereally beautiful wedding stationary, love the box
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteStunning stationery for a wedding, so beautiful. Love the decorated box too.
Have a great day
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Good morning John this wedding stationery is gorgeous and the box is beautiful. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful wedding stationary set, very classy.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hello John, this is such a brilliant idea, love the cards, they are just beautiful and the box is gorgeous. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful stationary John, love the box and the stamp is really lovely,
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Morning John, I feel quite sick !! I have just been 'staring' at the bottom rotating piccie for ages hahaha. A gorgeous box and gorgeous cards, love it.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, what a beautiful stationary set ,just gorgeous!!! Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteStunning box and card - both sop beautiful
Hugs
Carol x
Fabulous, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteAs Wendy has said FABULOUS.
Lydia
X
Simply beautiful My daughter is looking at wedding venues at the moment and guess who's got the job of making wedding stationary! I will enrol her help though Just to say the last photo jumped around Great idea showing different angles but each one only lasted a fraction of a second - made me go dizzy
ReplyDeletePS I think we use this idea because venues have to be booked so far in advance My daughter is being told 2016 at the earliest
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteJust simply stunning and I think these new dies and stamps are gorgeous ideal for the wedding season.
Lorna D
Super card John, great dies and stamps that really go together. Not sure about the jumping pics though. If they had shown a sequence it might have been better.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Beautiful set, love them, not keen on the moving picture its to fast, sorry, thanks for sharing, Junex (Cumbria)
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteI think the "save the date" mularky was dreamt up by the US postal service as a way of getting folk to buy more stamps lol! Surely the invite tells guests what date to show up hahaha!
This is a beautiful set and looks terrific for batch making. Gorgeous box too.
Hope no one with epilepsy tunes in to your discovating images lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Fabulous save the date cards and box
ReplyDeleteHi John, love the box and card. I am sure there will be lots of weddings card makers using this blog. It's too beautiful not to. X Ros
ReplyDeleteHi John, oh wow what wonderful creations, you have excelled yourself today, brilliant.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Wednesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx
Lovely pretty, modern stylish invites John, just love them. Crafty regards Julie Kay xxx
ReplyDeleteA bride to be would be thrilled with this idea. I actually have the die and the stamp so now all I need is a wedding!! Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful idea and card/box. I love that singles stamp - so elegant. Just spells summer weddings, doesn't it. You are clever!
HAGD, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a fabulous idea to make for the guests so they
got a keepsake of the day. Beautiful box and cards
Take care,
Maria x
A gorgeous set, John.
ReplyDeleteAny couple would be really happy with these
x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove this card and box. I also think it is gorgeous!
Love Nancy
This is lovely John, I am rather partial to that Couture Die. xx
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card and the beautiful box. This would certainly be a keepsake to treasure. Brenda
a stunning box ,love it ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteWedding stationery is becoming a major item now. Years ago there was an invite and an order of service, These ideas look great though.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W