As promised here is the version of last Saturdays card this one I made at the demo day at Brykley Garden centre this Saturday. I wanted to make a slightly different colour and style however the principles are the same! And in the usual run of Mondays this card is up for grabs by leaving a comment!
I started by die cutting a folded single card using the outside die from the Perseus die form the Gemini Collection. As I have mentioned before the joy of the Gemini collection is that the 2 edges of the die are separate dies in themselves making this card so easy to make. Next I die cut the filigree section along with the edge die form aqua foundation card. I cut a piece of coconut white card using just the border die and added the die cut aqua piece directly over the coconut white.
Next I cut all three dies in the set together from aqua card (laying the 3 dies together gives you a full shape however you do have to cut the piece out of the card at the 2 sides ) I then cut the 2 edge dies from coconut white without the filigree centre ( the best way to do this is to leave the edges stuck together with low tack tape tape and gently remove the filigree centre die before cutting) I then added the aqua detailed cut over the plain white one to make a solid shape.
A complex set of instructions to make a simple looking card however Once you have got the hang of it you can replicate this in all colours and Gemini dies. Can I ask though that if you do copy or are inspired to make a version of my cards that you credit me in your post on your blog or Face book, this will allow others to gain the inspiration you have!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Gemini Collection Perseus
Aqua and Coconut white foundation card
CE embossing folder A4 Large braided Vines
CE ribbon set Ocean
If you would like to own this card just leave me a comment or email one to Lockers@live.co.uk and I will randomly select one to be posted this card.
Enjoy...
wow wow wow.....
ReplyDeletethis is a stunning card, very classy... beautiful embossing folder,
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you this card is worth all the effort. Take care Kitty.
Morning John, wow this is my kind of card, not only is it my favourite colours but it is so different from the normal square cards, the dies do all the work, yes it does seem complex but as you say once you have tried it you will be amazed at how beautiful it turns out.....well I am off to have a play and see if I can do it. Once last thing is PLEASE yes I would absolutely love to win this card, it is so inspiring.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Monday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful card today John. very elegant and such a lovely colour too! I am going to try to make it later today and hope it will turn out as lovely as yours. Happy crafting everyone.
ReplyDeleteMarion B xx
Hi John, this card is gorgeous, it looks very intricate. Will give it a try at some point. The aqua card is such a lovely shade. Whoever wins this is going to love it. I know I would. have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love your card John. Love the layers x
ReplyDeleteStunning car, so beautiful. Aqua seems to be a popular colour today for cards-perfect for spring not that it looks much like spring outside.
ReplyDeleteMichele
A beautiful made card I love this colour and will certainly be looking out for this due at Ally Pally. I would love to have my name entered in the draw. Thank you John for all the inspiration you give me.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the day,
Hazel c uk
Beautiful John , this would make a lovely cover for a notebook too!
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card it would look lovely sitting on my mantlepiece. I always try to credit people I get inspiration from it is only fair. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! This would made a brilliant cover for a notebook too as well as a card. I'd love to win this, it's so lovely. Debra x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Card and color used , i agree with Debra it would make a lovely notebook cover or even a Photo Album cover also.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Fabulous One reason why I'm going to Ally Pally - to see CE card Joanna Sheen suggested contacting CE to ask if I can buy a swatch of colours Difficult to choose when most of the time I'm viewing them on screen (apart from the beautiful card I won that I truly treasure) I just love how you come up with different ideas using the Gemini dies
ReplyDeleteHi John, a stunning card today and I love the agua colour and the way you use the dies. I have this die so must have a go at it.Thank you for the inspiration John! Hope I am the lucky one to win this beauty!?! Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteLooks gorgeous John, xxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card, gorgeous colours.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLoving the aqua, it's so fresh and spring like.
Lorna D
lovely card. looks very different with a change of colour
ReplyDeleteJanice W
Hi John, a beautiful card. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning - love the colours
Hugs
Carol x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletegorgeous colours and gorgeous card. It's more involved than it looks, interesting to do I bet. When I get the time............
HAGD, Rose
Something a little different. I don't have that die, so I will have a think if I do something similar with a die I already have.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful card you have created and very different in style. I love the soft aqua card that you have used along with the white although it looks a winter white to me so softer in look to a pure white. The texture from the braided vines folder looks so lovely with the design of the cutting dies. thank you John for putting up this beautiful piece of inspiration,
crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil)
Hi John and everyone,love love this card and the colours are super.
ReplyDeleteIta.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card I love what you've done with the dies. The colour is gorgeous and one of my favourite colours. I'm new to your blog and loving every card thanks for sharing your ideas.
What a gorgeous and unique card!!!
ReplyDeleteVERY pretty card today John, the delicate edges, and the way you have continued those onto the blue really emphasises them. Then I love the embossing design too.
ReplyDeleteA what a lovely card John.......I love all the different dies that you worked
ReplyDeleteinto the card from just one set. Now that's CREATIVE!
Hi John, A beautiful card, gorgeous fresh looking colours. At first glance I thought this was a 'book cover' until I scrolled down. Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Love this card, John! And the unique way of using the Geminii dies!!! I really like these dies because of all the ways they CAN be used!! Thanks for the beautiful card and all the techniques!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John, I love this card. The innovative way you've used the dies has really inspirational. Will have to try this. Love and hugs,
ReplyDeleteAlison D x
Hi John, gorgeous card today. Very unique and love the colour. Would love a chance to win it. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteStunning card John, I shall have to get some of this colour card as its lush!
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous card. The dies are really shown to their best and I love the colour combination. Best wishes, Anne O
hi John, loving the aqua. This looks quite complicated but I'll believe you when you say the die does the work for you and makes a stunning card, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful and delicate! Love this elegant card!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteReally pretty card, I love how you have carried the pattern through the insert and the back of the card, lovely colours, sure the wax really adds but can't see it on this screen!
Hugs
T x
A stunning card! I was commenting & pooc it was gone so it this is a duicate my apologies. Thank you for the chance to win your masterpiece!
ReplyDeleteA stunning card! I was commenting & pooc it was gone so it this is a duicate my apologies. Thank you for the chance to win your masterpiece!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful,beautiful, and stunningly superb creation today.
I love it, it's so amazing, and would have loved to see this demoed.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm late but its been a helluva day!
Deliciously fabulous. The Geminis are a useful group of dies and I have had a good play with mine.
Your aqua looks paler than mine but lovely anyhoo.
This work mularky takes it out of ya lol!
Ang x
Hi John. A lovely card today, some thing different. I love the Aqua / white combo too. Take care
ReplyDeleteHi John your ideas are different and just so fantastic, xx
ReplyDeleteHavent't looked at this lovely die in detail before. Thanks for sharing the instructions. Great colour combination.
ReplyDeleteHavent't looked at this lovely die in detail before. Thanks for sharing the instructions. Great colour combination.
ReplyDeleteWow John I have to say you completely lost me with the instructions but then I don't own a Gemini die yet so maybe it would make a bit more sense if I did - all that said it is a goegeous card and a fab colour combo xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, Gorgeous card today, how do you keep coming up with all these different ideas? Love the colour choice and how you have inserted the page, afraid that I am like Gail, got a little list with the instructions, but will read again and again until it sinks in. The Gemini dies are fabulous, only have one up to now but need more!!! Hugs, Linda.
ReplyDeleteGreat tutorial John although it sounds pretty complicated. The end result is absolutely fabulous, you really are an inspiration. Pat x
ReplyDelete