Tuesday, 27 February 2018
In the Red...
Another sample showing the Gerbera collection this time using the Gerbera flowers die and the Gerbera panel.
This is made using the Izink Pigment inks dropped onto acetate and shows how well, once dry, this cuts and what a fabulous background it makes!
I stared by making the background using the Gold, Geranium and the pink izink pigment inks dropped onto a sheet of acetate. I then added a further sheet over the top to spear the inks. I separated the sheets slowly so that the pattern stays stable which makes the swirling pattern shown on the background. For the panel I cut the Gerebera Daisy panel once down the side of a piece of white card. Next I slotted the die back into place over 2 of the flowers and cut again so that I got a strip of 4 flowers as opposed to three on the die.
I cut the flowers from this piece of acetate using the 6 flowers together to make 3 full flowers. I cut a circle of the acetate and mounted this behind a smaller circle of white card ( both cut with the outline dies in the Gerbera Circle die set) on which I stamped the sentiment from the Gerbera Daisy clear stamp set. I arranged the flowers arround this circle on top of the matching leaves which I letterpresses in grey ink and cut in red.