Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Snowy Trees...

Happy Tuesday,

Another mix of die cutting and stamping today but a littler lighter than yesterdays but just as simple!

The background for this one is a relatively simple one however there is some drying time involved so I would make a few at a time!


To make the background I painted artists masking fluid across the bottom of a sheet of watercolour card to give a snow drift feel.  Next I added more fluid to my brush and flicked this all over the piece.  This gives snow like splashes over the surface and protects this form the inks.  You do need to give this a while to dry an hour maximum.

I then added the topaz and blue pearl pigment inks ( the ones I had on Hochanda a coupe of weeks ago) and spritzed the piece with water and using a wash brush i shaded this across the piece to give a patchy shaded look to the 'sky'.  I then waited for these to dry ( another hour).

Next I stamped, using my Press to Impress stamp platform, one of the trees from the winter trees set over the edges of the masked area.  I blotted off any excess ink then rubbed away the masking fluid across the piece.  By doing this after I stamped the first set of trees the snow seems to fall over the trees giving a more 3D look.


Finally I added a few black lines for the edges with a fine line pen and stamped some more tress in the foreground and going off the page.  2 deers die cut in black gloss card finish the piece, I love the way these appear over the background.


Enjoy...

44 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, LOVE it.
    Have a great day
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Beautiful Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, gorgeous card love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John
    Beautiful card again today.Love it.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John, love this card, the design is perfect. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, super duper card today, we did this technique at Martine and Hellen's workshop on Sunday and it was brilliant, magic, I have some of the fluid but have not used it yet, will definitely have a go though. I also used your new tree stamps on the card I made, perfect.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful senic wintery card John, fabulous sky, the deer add the perfect touch, Kate 😉x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one a special card i think I'd like to do a batch for my charity
    Thank you love June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, I love this 'scene' card, so effective.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    A great card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card today, John. I have just had to throw out my bottle of masking fluid as I hadn't used it for so long. I need to get some more now.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A few good techniques on this one. Love it. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning John, I am doing something similar for my xmas cards this year.

    love n hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John xx this card is gorgeous xxx lots of live and huggs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    What a stunning card today. Not to sure how the artists fluid works. If you showed how it works on your shows I'll have to sit down a have a look. To busy to watch recordings at the moment due to hospital visits.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! This is a stunning design John, it's so beautiful

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore this card John. Beautiful Christmas scene.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John. Simply stunning,just love it.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, such a great atmospheric card, love it/
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great technique John I've added artist masking fluid to my Wish List!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    A beautiful card, loving the technique, too.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello John,
    What a stunning card! I love it. A very clever yet seemingly simple technique. It is when you do it anyway! It's a lovely scene. Thank you.
    Yesterday's card was lovely too! I forgot to comment as the day ran away with me!! It brought me back though! Lol!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John. What a lovely snowy card. Perfect for a Christmas card to send to someone who is not necessarily religious. Very interesting technique.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely card John. Thank you. I have tried masking fluid but not for a while. Glad Myra found her way back again. I would have missed her. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card. Simple design but so effective?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John
    Great card, lovely composition.

    ReplyDelete
  27. John this is fabulous, love the background although sounded
    technical for me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John this is a stunning card I love the winter scene you have created. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John,
    This is lovely! Thanks for posting this. I will give this technique a go. x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful winter scene. Looks so tranquil.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John,
    This is lovely! Thanks for posting this. I will give this technique a go. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful Christmas or winter birthday card John.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Eh up John
    A real stunner, that Betty says, could be used for a Winter birthday as well as Christmas. You and your stags 😊.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete