Friday, 21 July 2017

Sunrise in Brown...

Happy Friday,


I wam doing a Facebook live video today between 9am and 10am all about the Press to Impress stamping platform to share some of the unique features of this prior to its launch on Hochanda on the 8th August  I will try to post the video on my blog tomorrow for my blog family that aren't on Facebook!


Another sample from this weeks shows using the Media Plates ( I promise we will bring these back as soon as possible) this time what looks like a more complex card but again with the system really easy to reproduce!

I started by adding the circular media plate too my Press to Impress temp platform and added the Izink inks in walnut, honey and dawn in stripes across the plate.  I then ran my brayer across the surface to make an ombre effect which suggest a sunset.  Next I used the new small blending tool form crafts too and added more of the walnut to the top edge of the circle and the honey at the base, stamped it,  to give the circle a 3D appearance.




I then added the wheat style clear stamp form the spring stamp set onto an acrylic block and using the walnut ink I stamped this around the base of the circular media plate and stamped this.  This adds the shadows in the circle which, because I stamped it onto the media plate the shadow finishes perfectly at the edge of the circle.

I then added the wheat stamp onto the stamp press and inking with the honey stamped this repeatedly, by sliding the card within the stamp press, across the bottom of the card.  This is one of the reasons I love the press to impress board as It has an open side and bottom means I can use any size of card as well as slide card in the press to repeat a stamp perfectly!





To make up the card I simply cut the piece into a 6 x 6" square and then into 3 2" strips.  I mounted these in a chestneu card and spaced them evenly, with a 1/4" gap across the front of the card.  I made up the card with a long strip of the powder puff style embossing folder ( again form Crafts too and on this weeks shows)  Repeating the pattern by embossing twice as these folders are designed to repeat as much as you need and I love flexibility almost as much as value!







The card is finished with an 8x8" card blank in white *( hand made from Limetree A3 warm white card)

Enjoy...

50 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    A lovely card thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, oh another lovely card, saw this on Hochanda, it is one of those that look so easy.

    Looking forward to the video later.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John, this card is lovely, and a great design feature with the image cut into panels. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card. I can see a number of uses for this. So pleased that your video isn't just going to be on Facebook. I just couldn't wait and have just received the Press to Impress platform. Haven't tried it yet but it looks so easy and is very well made. Hopefully this weekend ...
    Have a great day.
    Happy crafting,
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John
    Lovely card, great design in this colourway it would make a great man's card.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card John, love the colours
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Another great card. Unfortunately I won't be able to join you live as I will be en route to Spain with family. I will lock myself away somewhere and catch up though (good excuse).
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, absolutely gorgeous card, will have to catch your video later.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John ,
    A lovely card love the design.
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, could be used for many occasions.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card John, looking forward to video.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card John. Pleased to hear that video will be on your blog too.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card it could be done with different colours and stamps and still look stunning. Thank you I look forward to seeing your video about the press.
    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card John , this really appealed to me and I am now awaiting delivery of the Press to Impress !! Looking forward to the video and lots more inspiration.
    Have a great day. Anne from Calne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card John. Looking forward to the video tomorrow.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning John,
    Another stunning card, love it. This could be done in any colour and still be brilliant.
    I see lots and lots to do with this technique
    Looking forward to the Video. Glad it will be on here, I don't do Facebook.
    Have a good day
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another lovely card John. I like that one very much. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card John, see you later at Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card John, lovely design and colour.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning John, lovely card again and would do well in different colours too . Glad you will do the video on your blog as I don't do Facebook.
    Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John,
    Lovely card again and would be nice in different colours too.
    Glad the video will be on your blog as I don't do Facebook.
    Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, John. Looking forward to the video.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning John,
    A beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card John, lovely colours.Look forward to video on your blog Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks like I have 10 mins to get myself settled and head over to FB to see you live. Lovely card this morning by the way.

    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card John. Will catch the video later love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning John, Really beautiful !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John another beauty today love the card colours are lovely stamps are great thank you love June horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning John xx fab card again, lots of love and huggs to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good morning John xx fab card again, lots of love and huggs to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Morning John what a fabulous card, looks so expensive. I just need the plates and masks,
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John your card is stunning I love it. Your Facebook live presentation was brilliant you do explain things well. Enjoy the rest of your time there. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello John,
    I love this stunning card and look forward to seeing the video tomorrow.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome card design and technique using the media plate. Thank you for the offer to put your video on this blog. I don't do Facebook and would miss out if not.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello John,
    My friend called this morning and she met you yesterday! She also thinks you are a lovely man!! It seems to be unanimous! Lol!
    Lovely card again . Will watch and listen with interest to your video! Thanks for putting it on here as I don't do Facebook either.
    Safe journey home!
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Another lovely card using these fantastic invention - the media plates and the Press to Impress platform

    ReplyDelete
  37. Rose in Chester21 July 2017 at 17:51

    Hi John, loving your card. You have good reason to be proud of yourself.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi John,
    Wonderful to have you back on the TV.
    just missed your first show as I have been away from blogging as my Hubby was having a shed extension and we had family staying to help.
    So I managed to record the second show.
    Your card is gorgeous and I love the wonderful sunset look to this card.
    Loving you new blog face, and am so glad you have your own wonderful brand of crafty things that are selling well I hope.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi John

    I so love this design, the card is fabulous

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW John love this card it's stunning gorgeous colou
    Hug's Lynda xx



    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi John. Well this is a really stunning card. I can't wait for the media plates to come back into stock so that I can have a play too.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi John, beautifully designed card, loving the colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi John This is such a lovely card Thank you so much for responding to our requests to put the video on this blog you are a star in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely card John. Love this. Looking forward to watching the video as I also don't do Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely card John. Look forward to your video tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Absolutely stunning, looking forward to having to time to catch up with the video.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Eh up John
    Terrific tryptich(try saying that after a Vimto). Lovely shades of Autumn.
    See, I'm not the only one that doesn't do Facebook.....there are many of us Ludites lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete