Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 24 March 2017

Vintage Friday...

Happy Friday,

As promised its back to Vintage Friday and this weeks card does have a reason.  I had n email from a lady in America who had purchased all the items need to make one of my cards form the Most Popular list on the right of the blog.  She wrote asking for the sizes however as this card was made well over 2 years ago I wasn't able to find it to measure.  Therefore I thought I would make a new version using the same die range the New York collection however altering the dies.

The finished size of the card is 9.5" x 7.5" it is a large card but as the dies are quite large and I used three in a row a large card was required.

If you want to see the original card then click HERE.

I stared by cutting the detail die in the times square die three times from French Navy foundation card.  I backed these with white and cut them into a square using the noble double pierced squares die in bright white.  Next  I added these to panel of bright white foundation card embossed with the braided vines A4 embossing folder, cut to 7.25" x 8.25" I shaded the embossing using Mediterranean blue gilding polish.

I cut a strip of the french navy and added white seam binding down the middle with strips of crystals running down each side.  I then added a messy bow of seam dining at the top with crystals in the centre and at the end of each ribbon strip.



Finally I added mats and layers of the blue and white to make the finished card as shown at 9.5" x 7.5"

Enjoy...

38 comments:

  1. Morning John, a gorgeous card I'm sure the lady will be very pleased.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John, a really stunning card, love the blue card used. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, I loved this card when you made it before, so you know I am a fan of the New York collection, can easily be used as a man's card too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card John.Always liked the New York dies.Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the original cad and really like this one! Thank you John! xx

    Maggie B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    A beautiful card. It is a really interesting idea to take a card and remake it; I enjoyed the comparison and it shows us that with a few tweaks we can create something new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card. I have the dies and embossing folder so I could have a go.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing, great colours.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I do like seeing older dies being used they are still beautiful. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card-love the colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card John i love the colour and how you edged the ribbon .
    Catherine hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved it the first time John, a change of colour and bow makes it look a totally different card , just beautiful .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards John, todays and the original.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The original is lovely but I think I prefer this version. I like the colours better but that's just my choice.
    Have a great day.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both versions are gorgeous This would be great for either male or female cards

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like both versions, John. Good to see "older" dies etc being used.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rose in Chester24 March 2017 at 10:20

    Hi John,
    I'm with Anne, lovely to see the New Yorkers again. Both versions are beautiful.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really like the style of the card, cannot decide which one l prefer, love them both. Good luck tonight, will have to watch on catch up tommorow. Kind regards Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning John, oh that is just a fabulous design love the embossing folder background and those diecuts down the front are just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John great card, I do like Vintage Fridays. Both cards are beautiful and show what a difference colour makes to a card.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, that was a very nice thought to recreate the card, I love it and the colour way. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love everything about this card the dies the colours the lady will be so pleased
    Love June horrocks

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's gorgeous John, and I love both versions.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John Lovely cards I have the New York dies and still use them they are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello John,
    Lovely card and I love that embossing folder!
    Many thanks,
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card. Stunning colour.

    ReplyDelete
  27. fantastic card john xx i lvoe vintage fridays xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! What a large card. I like how you intertwined the center New York die cuts. Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John,
    Love this card, and the colours you have used.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John,
    a very stunning and super design today.
    I too love to see your wonderful creations with older dies.
    It makes us think of using our older dies again.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card John. Love the teal version too. X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John

    Gorgeous card, as is the original one also

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous card John. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Eh up John
    Yes, I remember the original. A simple card to make but so effective.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello John! I love this version of the card. Thank you for showing how cards can change using a different colour scheme. Take care! Craft Owl by the Sea, north Norfolk. xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card John, love your choice of dies x x x

    ReplyDelete