Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 12 February 2017

A room with a view...

Happy Sunday,

I'm sharing a card today that I made last night I made this especially for Janet from JGD Crafts as she messaged me asking how the window box die from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions worked.  As I was making uno the window box I thought it would be nice to make this up into a quick card and post for everyone today.  Whilst it looks complex this is a simple card and is quick to make.

I stared by cutting the window die in gloss white card cutting a separate frame form the same card and mounting it above to give the impressions of a window and frame.  I then added acetate behind this, to give the impression of glass which doesn't come over on the picture.








I cut a further outline of the window in a piece of tan card and using the Creative Expressions brickwork mini mask I shaded this piece of card lightly with Frosted Mink colour cloud blending ink.  This gives the light impression of brickwork which fades up the page.

Next I cut the window box die and the 2 flower inserts in bright white foundation card.  I also cut the 2 opposing foliage dies in the set and shaded all these using the other colours in the frosted range of colour clouds by Phill Martin.  I made up the window box by folding the edges and sliding the 2 flower sections into the slots in the edges of the box ( this is a simple process but is hard to describe I will be demoing this and the way that this box folds flat for posting, on Hochanda in a few weeks.

I stamped a piece of bright white with the stamp to die for that matches called home comforts, shaded this with more colour cloud to give a faded appearance, and added the frame and window box over the top.

I made up the card as shown using the get well sentiment form Spellbinders that I have on Hochanda on Wednesday.


The colours are brighter and not as grey looking in real life!
Enjoy...

42 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you very much a lovely card.
    Looking forward to your shows.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card John. The window box of flowers looks so real.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, a very pretty card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John. Lovely card the window box looks amazing can't wait to see how you made it. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card John, hoping for a demo soon!

    Maggie B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    Love the pretty flower box and I'm looking forward to your demo's.
    Happy Sunday
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. Love the window box element of this card. I wonder if it would fold flat for postage purposes?

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    Beautiful card, so pretty great that it folds flat for posting.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card John,you never fail to please. Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    A great card, I love the window box.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, looking forward to seeing the shows to find out how you made this card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great John and I love the window box. A really good idea to cut the window in gloss card and with the acetate too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I have just bought the window box die set it is so good to see how it is used. It does look so pretty. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, John. I'm off to Stamperama today - looking forward to seeing loads of new goodies!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    This card looks gorgeous, love the flower box.
    Have a great day
    Maggir

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning John a beautiful sunny card this morning, love the design and your colour choice. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    A delightful card, love the colours you have used,
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, I love this card. So cheerful and the colours work so well. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card John, sure you would feel better soon if you received this.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card John look forward to see it demoed
    Love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John such a pretty card for someone under the weather. Can't quite tell how deep a box you would need for it but I'll look forward to seeing the demo in due course. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, a fab card, and the die looks great. Have a good day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    lovely card again. Love those dies.......
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. How pretty. For me I would have to make red flowers, and having them trailing as window boxes always remind me of the beautiful hanging flowers you see in spain and Italy.

    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John
    What a gorgeous card, I didn't realise that it could fold flat for posting, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card John.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning John, your so kind to do this for us, I have the dies but have not used them yet so you have inspired me, the brick work looks really scuttle in the picture but I bet in real life it stands out wonderfully, looking forward to your shows on Hochanda.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John,
    What a charming card! It reminds me of holidays in sunnier climes!! I bought one of the small masks from Julia and it is very useful and effective. Thank you for showing the card with the window box!
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very effective card I look forward to seeing you demo this on Hochanda

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John, A lovely card showcasing the window die set, and my favourite stamp behind, I love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John this is great I am starting to like this die more and more.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card. Look forward to seeing you make this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Can't wait for your demo of this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your card today john x its fantastic x looking forward to your upcoming shows x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John
    Lovely card today John. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love today's card John. The window box is fabulous.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card John, love the colours. When I made mine I realised too late that I'd put the window sill on upside down!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  38. John this is another fab window card, the window box is so pretty with the flowers. Looking forward to seein the demo for this.

    ReplyDelete