Monday, 27 February 2017

A Gilded Rose...

Happy Monday,

I thought it was time for me to start sharing some of the samples I have made of the new Sue Wilson collection for Creative Expressions.  I will be demonstrating all these dies over March on Hochanda so there are a lot of samples to share!

I thought I would start with this card as it combines my love of Sue's backgrounds with my new Circle sentiment stamps!




I stared by covering a sheet of foundation card with double sided adhesive sheet then gilded this with silver moon gilding flakes.  Next I cut a square from the noble double pierced squares and then cut the detail and square die out from the centre using the new Atlantic Collection background.


Next I backed this onto a larger piece of blush card ( from my diminishing stash) and added a few layers of white, blush and silver to make the larger card as shown.


Next I cut four of the spring foliage in the blush and adhered them from the centre of the card.  I then inked up the on your special day circle sentiment which has the peony centre with Cosmic Shimmer flake and glitter glue and stamped the image before cleaning my stamp and adding silver moon gilding flakes.  I cut this out using the noble double pierced circles set A which the stamp was designed to fit the smallest circle even cuts out the flower centre so you can have different flowers or flower circles.


Next I cut the flowers that come in the spring foliage set out of the gilded card and shaped them with my ball tool.  I then added these, with stick on crystals in the centre, randomly over the foliage.


I love the way this has come out with the antique mirror look of the gilded die cuts!

Enjoy...

41 comments:

  1. Morning John, absolutely gorgeous love everything about it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John, a really lovely and striking card, so much dimension with the layers. Have a good day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card John, so many layers. Really striking.
    Sorry I didn't comment yesterday. Love what you posted and the stamps are fabulous but I couldn't find your post tried a few times between 6 and 7 but then the day started and I didn't get back to the blog.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card John. Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John
    A beautiful card, I love what you have done with the gilding flakes. Can't wait to see the new collection.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colour and design, John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very ornate card, but very lovely John. You're so lucky to have some blush card. I do wish CE could source some more - it's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, looking forward to seeing the rest of the collection.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the way you have used the beautiful dies. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    A stunning card today. just love what you have created.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card John. Very elaborate. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card John. I wish I had some blush card left, it was such a useful colour. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John, Really beautiful !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, well you have done it again, talk about go from strength to strength with these new stamps, fabulous, love it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    Fabulous card, love your stamps.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very glitzy. Can't believe you've admitted to having blush card. Got to watch your back now. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly beautiful John the dies stamps etc just brill you are so clever
    Thank you love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow John this is beautiful, who would not want to receive this card.
    Love it.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, i just love this card.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the way you have used the gilding flakes, John. Great card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good Morning John, I adore this card its so beautiful and I love the flower gems so pretty. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card John. So intricate and yet delicate looking

    Hugs to all
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic card John.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    stunner of a card! I love it.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is an extra special card as you used your blush card. It's a gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card john and your stamps sit perfectly with sues dies x I'm not just saying that in the hope you will send me some of your blush card !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh My word John this a stunnningly beautiful and superb creation.
    I love everything you have done to create this amazing card.
    As your say it looks like an old antique mirror.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John
    Wow this is a beautiful card I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous creation as usual John, you are so talented x x x

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW John, this certainly is a beauty!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card John. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow this card sure ops John!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Eh up John
    A very striking and effective card. It does indeed look like an antique mirror.
    Love it!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow John this is stunning, i would want to put this on the wall instead of giving it as a card.
    It is absolutely amazing and i love it.

    ReplyDelete