Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 1 December 2016

Lotus Pixies...

Happy Thursday,

I had  a fab day yesterday at a workshop run by Lisa Horton on colouring with the new Graphmaster alcohol pens.  I learnt so much I'm sure you will see lots of colouring coming up in the early new year as I launch my 2017 ranges of stamps!  Today I am in Solihull making a calender in MDF at another workshop.

Back to today and I thought I would share a card made with the Pacific Ocean islands dies and the pixie powders 2 of my current favourites mixed together.

I stared by colouring a piece of watercolour card with purple violet and midnight blue pixie powders. I took a print off the sheet using foundation card which makes the colours smooth and gives a great coverage.  I used this for all the mats of the die cuts as well as the flowers.

I cut the outer dies in the lotus striplet in bright white mounting this over the coloured card and added a thin border of deep cocoa foundation card.  Next I cut the outer and eat die from the Bora Bora die mounted this over more coloured card and backed with a die cut of the bora bora in deep cocoa.



Next I cut the inner detail die from the Fiji die set in the deep cocoa and added the centre panel form the Tahiti die set in white backed with pixies.


I then cut the striped nasturtiums in pixie paper adding the open petals over the top in bright white.  I added CE stamens in the centre .  I mounted these over foliage cut form the family tree die covered in pastel blue gilding polish.

The colours just shine on this for me so a simple card black in vanilla pearl card with deep cocoa and a layer of white.

Enjoy...

34 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a beautiful card love the colour of these pixie powders.
    Nancyd x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    Fabulous card today.
    Enjoy Solihull. I would have liked to come to Nottingham to see your demos on Sunday, at Phil's new shop but am committed elsewhere.
    Have a great day.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, wow the colours from the pixie powders are fantastic, what a grand product they are, super duper card. My son and family live in Solihull, it is a nice place, hope you enjoyed the workshop.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    Beautiful card.I hope to meet you all on Sunday.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, love the PP colours. Brilliant!

    Maggie B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card John, enjoy today.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John and crafters all,
    Lovely card today !! So. Pleased you learnt a lot from Lisa on colouring, enjoy your day today.
    Love and crafty hugs to all.
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    A gorgeous card today, I love it, the colours are stunning too.
    Enjoy your workshop.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours and the dies are amazing. It sounds like you had a brilliant time yesterday and today should be fun to. You are very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a busy life John, gorgeous card, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    A lovely card. Enjoy the workshop, sounds fun.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. Lovely card. Do you ever sit down, you have such a busy life it exhausts me reading about it. But then I am considerably older than you so maybe I could have done it at your age. I am sure you enjoy every minute of it. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card today, John. I hope you and Julia behaved yourselves yesterday and didn't give Lisa too much hassle!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John

    A vibrant card and the colours and design is spot on!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours and flowers on this card John. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eh up John
    When I saw the title, I thought it was something to do with yoga for small people 😆.
    Quite a CAS card for you but stunning nonetheless.
    Enjoy yourself at Earslwood.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julia said you'd had a great workshop - bet it was giggles all the way! Super card today. Just love the effect of pixie powders. How did we live without them!?
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card John. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card John. I love the design and colours. Loved it when shown during your shows but close up it's even more yummy.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card John the colours are stunning thank you
    Love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card John. Love the colours. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, I really love the colours and am going to have a go with pixie powders.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good Morning John a beautiful card today I love the design and the colour choice. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely colours and layout. Thank you John.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a definite "my kinda card" enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,fabulous card, love the Pixie Powders and the Pacific Ocean Dies are fantastic, I love them.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John. This is a really striking card. You could call it clean and simple, but on closer inspection you can see how ornate it really is. Love it.
    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  30. John this is another gorgeous card, it may be clean and simple but it is still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this card John. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John
    Stunning, stunning creation love the colours x X X

    ReplyDelete