Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 26 November 2016

Less simple Saturday...

Happy Saturday,

Today I am doing one of my last workshops of the year One left to go on the 12th December, I just wanted to mention that if you want me to demo or workshop near to you you need to get your local craft shop or group to email.

Back to today and this card features a colour of Pearl Foundations card and a couple of shades of Metallic Gilding Polish I haven't used nor taken on a show before ( early warning there is a new set of 3  colours on the show, Blossom, Silver Hessian and Silver)

I stared bu making a card blank with the Vanilla pearl card ( This will be demoed on the show) and then cut the detail dies numbers 1,3 and 5 from the Pacific Ocean background into the card front.

Next I cut a border strip using the Pacific Ocean border die to run across the front and used one of the tag dos set for the medallion at the front.

I then made a piece of shaded card that in my opinion looks a little like marble or granite using all three colours of the gilding polish.  I cut this to size and placed it on the back of the card blank who it shows through the filigree detail on the front.


I also used this card for the back go the Pacific Ocean tag on the front of the card.  I showed the border and the tag using the silver hessian which against the vanilla looks a coffee colour this is another gilding polish that has different colours depending on the base colour its like magic!

I covered a piece of white card with the blossom polish and cut the complete petals from the striped Nasturtium set in all three sizes.  I shaped these, ran silver hessian around the edges for shading and added a heart pearl in the centre before arranging them around the tag.





A simple coloured card that hopefully has a lot of effect!

Enjoy...

39 comments:

  1. Love the card and especially the shading. Looks as though I might 'need' some more gilding polishes!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card - very delicate. It's a good job it isn't long to Christmas. Just enough time for me to add all these things I need to my Christmas list.
    Have a great day.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, absolutely gorgeous card love the colours you used and the flowers are stunning can't wait to see the other colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    A brilliant card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card John, love it. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John and crafters all
    This is beautiful, what a fantastic way of using gilding polish. The way you have cut the die and the nasturtiums look so soft and silky.
    Enjoy your penultimate workshop of the year.
    Eagerly waiting for your Hochanda shows.
    Take care on the road!!!!
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great John, love the colours on the flowers, so delicate, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    Absolutely Beautiful.Must get more new gilding polishes. Love the new colours.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, this is a very pretty card, I am liking the marble effect in the background, looking forward to you demoing this soon.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    A beautiful card. This card has given me lots of ideas, the creative juices are fizzing.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, it's gorgeous.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love those dies. Enjoy the workshop I am sure that you will have fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Beautiful card.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful effect, I must watch/record the shows to see how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful, John. Must remember to record the shows.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    A really beautiful and delicate card, the colours are unusual and work so well with the design.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty. I love the nasturtiums. I have the die on order. Can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning John thats one beautiful card design, love it you are such a talented designer. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, a really beautifully designed card, love the front and the colours on the back piece. Genius idea. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card John love it the die and colouring is beautiful thank you love June horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi john. Just my kind if card. Beautiful. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  22. So nearly bought this die last night (2am) after seeing this gorgeous card I wish I had, next month perhaps
    Have a nice day, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card John, hope you don't mind me using the design, but with another die, just for family? Can't wait for tomorrow's shows x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning John,
    Wow ts card is stunning. I love the Pacific background die.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    A beautiful card. I love those gilding polishes.
    Hugs,Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John

    This is a fabulous card. I also love using the gilding polishes and look forward to the new colours!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh John this if fabulous just love everything about it and looking forward seeing your shows as your always give us lots of useful tips and show some fabulous cards.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is just so, so beautiful John, its so delicate and feminine looking. Though I haven't got the background die to this set yet you have given me an idea for a special birthday card I need to make ;o), thank you for sharing - I hope you make this one on the show.

    Have a happy day
    Hugs
    Helen x (stitchingranny)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another great card John, pretty and gentle colours. Like the new gilding polishes peeking through the cut out of the dies. Have three of the original gilding polish looking forward to seeing these new colours, lf l am good perhaps Santa will put them in my Christmas stocking from hubby. Kind regards Sandra.😊

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card John and these new gilding polishes are just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, Stunning !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eh up John
    This is an real "John" card. Absolutely stunning!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is stunning John, i love those gilding polishes
    and have them on my list with the pixie powders and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John. I am a bit late today as I have been trying to finish making a special advent calendar for my brother. I have had all the bits for ages and then all of a sudden it is nearly the 1st December and I hadn't even started it. Love today's card. It is so delicate. I am really impressed with the pixie powders and the gilding polish which I bought at Ally Pally and have only just had a chance to play with them this week. WOW.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card John. Thank you for sharing this. Will be watching the show tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  36. i just found your page and that's a stunningly beautiful card. how do I find your show?

    ReplyDelete