Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Be Eccentric now...

Happy Tuesday,

I promised my first sneak peak from the new range off Craft dies by Sue Wilson for Creative expressions today.  These will be featured in my One Day Special which starts this Sunday this card is the very first I made when I received my dies it just seemed to leap into my mind as soon as I saw the edger and the Tahiti die.


I started by cutting the lattice edger across the top and bottom of a piece of wisteria foundation card.  Next I added one of the edges that comes with the set and cut this on each end. I studded the lattice and the points on the edge with cosmic pearl PVA dimensional glue.









Next I cut the outline die ( number1) form the Tahiti die set.  I then cut dies 2 and 3 from white and dies 4 and 5 from another layer of wisteria.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre of a further layer of the white and foam mounted each layer above the next.





For the striped nasturtiums I cut the complete petal die in pixie powdered paper ( made using Purple Violet and Midnight Blue pixie powders) I then cut the open striped petals ( both styles come in the set so perfect value).  I used some of the Creative Expressions stamens for the centres colouring the ends with indigo mist colour cloud blending ink).  I made up the flowers as shown using just one of each die cut for each separate flower and shaped these to make them look 3D and more realistic.  I arranged them on sprays of the Sue Wilson Ivy die cut in more of the white.




I added layers of the wisteria, white and added periwinkle blue for contrast and to balance the pixie powder flowers.  A few more pearl PVA dots and some white pearl corners and finished.

I have loads more samples and demo cards to show you every day until Sunday including a sneak peak tomorrow of the brand new Shaded nasturtium stamp designed to match the nasturtium die!

Enjoy...


41 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you a beautiful card, Looking forward to the shows.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi john
    what a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow John what a gorgeous card. I must order the Nasturtium flower die.
    Thanks Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, fabulous. Great card today John. Love it.
    Have a great day.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, absolutely gorgeous love the lattice edger it looks fabulous.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John and crafters all
    What a tease you are!!
    This card is beautiful and the colours fantastic. Love the nasturtiums and the way they are coloured with pixie powders.
    Hope you are safe from the path of storm Angus!!!!!
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, can't wait for the shows. Love the flower.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this card John.Looking forwards to shows.Joycex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card-live the sentiment. Looking forward to watching your shows.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    oh my word this card is sooooooooooo! very gorgeous.
    I love your wonderful design of this, and the colours are also very gorgeous too.
    Can't wait to see the programs.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card. Looking forward to seeing all the samples and the weekend shows. Flowers die cut from pixie powder paper look great, so do butterflies!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Wow this card is gorgeous, i have already bought some of this latest release die sets. I love the pacific ones.
    Looking forward to seeing what else you create with these new dies.
    Happy crafting
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John. Great card, will be watching with interest. I particularly like the edger die. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, John. Really looking forward to the shows.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card -colours are lovely
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, the colours of the flowers are so pretty and the edger is really delicate.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning John love it the colours dies everything brill!!!!!!!thank you love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John,
    I'll echo Wendy, beautiful.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow John this is amazing, I love it, just wish you would give this one away and then I would be in with a chance of winning it. Love everything about it.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning John wow love the Tahiti die edger its gorgeous I bet it took a lot of patience to get all those dots on them though. Its a stunning card. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW WOW WOW, AND ANOTHER WOW. Oh John, you always make beautiful cards but I cannot remember when I last saw a card like this one it is stunning beyond words.
    I have the Fiji and the striped Nasturtiums, but haven't managed to get Tahiti and Bora Bora yet. They are at the top of my list however.
    I already have the recorder set for all the shows next weekend, and cannot wait to watch what you do with this very stunning die set.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    stunning card - can't wait to see what you've done with the other dies.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card John, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW John, this is a fantastic card! I so love it!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning John, Stunning !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you John, this is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow John. This is a stunning card and I. My favouite colours. Thank you for sharing this. Looking forward to the shows at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pretty card John.....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. A really lovely card. Looking forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John this is a stunning card the dies are amazing. I can't wait to see other samples and for your show on Sunday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stunning card John and what gorgeous colours, wonderful design and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, Beautiful card,its a good job Christmas is on the way all these new dies will be fab presents (even if I buy them myself!!!!) See you sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Afternoon John, and a great big WOW, this is one truly beautiful card, love the dies you have used, but what a creation, love, love, love it. I want all of these dies too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous John I love how Sue is doing sets of Finishing Touches sets with both the closed petal and outline in one set

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi just wanted to check about the one day special. The sidebar here on your blog says fri 25 nov and this post you say sunday. Is it both days? Thank you. Beautiful card btw, this die is on my Santa list. Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Eh up John
    A vision of total gorgeousness. I'm trying to resist the Tahiti but when you show it like this, its a difficult task lol!
    A truly super card.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Stunningly gorgeous, that is definately what this card is.
    I love the lattice edges and those beautiful flowers.
    In fact i love everything about this one.

    ReplyDelete