Monday, 21 November 2016

A Little Plum...

Happy Monday,

I'm back on Hochanda next Sunday evening at 8pm with the launch of the One Day Special showcasing the new dies designed by Sue Wilson for Creative expressions.  I will start the sneak peaks tomorrow however for today I really enacted to give this card its day on the blog.  This was the last demo I made on the last set of shows.



I just Loved this combination of Rich Plum and coconut white and the way that the Madeline die works so well in many different ways!









I started by cutting just the detail dies ( dies 2 and 4)  in the Madeline set into a piece of rich plum foundation card.  I lined these 2 cuts up carefully so that they met in the centre, this means I get the totally new pattern that shows in the centre of the card.

Hopefully this picture shows what I mean in the centre is the diamond and surrounding pattern this is not anywhere on the die it is created by the meeting of the 2 edges its like magic!


Next I cut the Madeline die again this time using the outside dies as well in the plum and backed it with coconut white.  I foam mounted this piece over the centre to shows the detail.  I then cut 4 different of the stitched flags which fit perfectly together and from the sides of the main die.  This was designed to allow us to thread ribbon through the die cut bit it works as well with the flags.


I then cut the cape daisies in both plum and white, shaped them and made the contrasting flowers as shown.  I cut centres ( included in the die set) in plum and white, shaped these, and added these to the centre of the daisies along with white microbeads.  A white bow and a few of the pine sprig dies in white and finished.


I really love the elegant look of this card I hop you will agree!

All cards from the latest giveaways will be posted out today so make sure you sent your address in  I'm sorry these have been delayed however this is my first day off for 3 weeks!


Enjoy...

35 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. I love the coconut white with the plum. It looks so rich.
    Have a great day.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Love the card but not colours for me.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, this is a stunning card love the way you have p,aced the dies and the colours are very opulent I love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, a fab card, I love the rich plum card, it works so well with a range of other colours. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour, fab card.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John and crafters all,
    Lovely card , looks so rich in the plum and white -absolutely fabulous.
    Enjoy your well earned day off today, put your feet up!!!!
    Love and crafty hugs to all
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely style and good to see a different shape. Enjoy your day off, if it turns out to be one! Expect you'll find plenty to do.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, gorgeous colour combination.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card John with opulent colours. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    A beautiful card, opulent colour combo.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card John. Love the rich colour. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card John, love the way you have create the flowers.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and I love that rich plum colour I don't have this die but It's made me take a second look at my mandala dies....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Love this card, and the colours you have used.
    Enjoy your day off, you deserve it.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, clever use of dies, I love this card. Hope you enjoy your day off. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the rich plum card - might need to get some! Great card.
    Make the most of your day off, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the design, the colours and the dies. Enjoy your day off it is well deserved. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very elegant John the plum is so richlove the dies
    Love June horrocks xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John,
    Love the rich colour of your card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Morning John this is such a striking colour choice and its amazing how much it adds to the stunning card design. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved this when I saw you make it on the card John. Not colours I would normally reach for but they really suit this card.
    Its cold and wet out and as my new Cape Daisies arrived on Saturday I am going to sit here in my craft room and have a play day.

    Have a happy day
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    stunner of a card. I love it.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely rich colour John. Beautiful card.
    Love Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning John such a lovely card and I really like this plumb colour so rich.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous work as usual John, great combination of colours x X X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John. This must be a really huge card and so elegant with the rich plum colour.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John

    Fabulous card, love the colour and the design!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card John. Love the colours. Thank you for sharing this. Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card john x love the dies and sumptuous colours x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well you picked a good day off John it's been pouring here all morning so I wouldn't want to be out on the motorways. The plum is such a rich colour and marries up with the white beautifully. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. John this is gorgeous and so much pretty detail.
    Looks like a lot of work went into this one.
    Love the rich colour and the flowers and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely card John. So rich looking.
    Nancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Eh up John
    Better late than never lol!
    I thought this was splendid when I saw it on the telly. Big, bold and totally magnificent!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete