Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 27 October 2016

Start the deco...

Happy Thursday,



art deco

    noun

    1.
    a style of decorative art developed originally in the 1920s with revival in the 1960s, marked chiefly by geometric motifs, curvilinear forms, sharply defined outlines and often bold colours.








    I thought I should start today by giving a dictionary definition of Art Deco, the reason is that I felt the indian ocean collection was the very deco and I wanted too make sure that my feeling is correct!  Im glad to say I was lol

    I thought I would share this demo card from jy shows with the indian ocean collection on Hochanda starting at 8pm next tuesday.  I really felt that whilst dark this was the perfect deco style card the demo is planned for this card to nee made in the pearl card so tune in to see how this was made and in a different colour!

    I started by cutting the indian ocean corner ( one of the 2 different corners in the set) into a piece of cocoa foundation card at each corner.  I backed this with chestnutscard and adde players of kraft card and more cocoa and chestnut ( a real autumnal range)

    Next I cut three of the corners with the outside die and backed these with craft card.  I then made a frame of circles using the double pierced circles set A and B and placed the 4 corners around the frames.  I find it amazing that the square corners work on a circle it really is art deco.


    I cut 4 of the other corners in the set and backed these in chestnut, i mounted the four together into a square and added black pearl in the centre.

    I mounted the square in the centre of the frame over a shaker section I made with acetate and nebula ice ( part of the glitter jewels range)  This adds a shine to the card.




    I know its a little dark but would work in any colour and makes a great mens card not a flower in sight!

    Enjoy...

    41 comments:

    1. Good morning John today's card is beautiful xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love Art Deco and I love this card. Fabulous. Love the colours too.
      Happy crafting.
      D xx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi John, such a stunning card, love the colours, would be great on a male card. have a great day. Bx

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi John
      Very clever,such an unusual colour combination but it suits the Art Deco look wonderfully. Love it
      Jan

      ReplyDelete
    5. Morning John, wow lovely art deco card today, I bet this is very popular.

      My clips are due out today, if you hear screams you know who it is.

      Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi John.
      A great card thank you.
      take care and have fun Kitty.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hi John and crafters all,
      FANTASTICO that is this card. Love the colours you have used, this die set is very Art Deco in style.
      Got a nephew's birthday coming up shortly so will be doing a variation of this.
      Love and crafty hugs to all,
      Tina T xxxx

      ReplyDelete
    8. Brilliant card John, love the art deco style and the colours you have used are amazing - I would never have thought of that! xx

      ReplyDelete
    9. Stunning, look forward to your shows on Hochanda.
      Annette x

      ReplyDelete
    10. Morning John, a fabulous card excellent for all the males in our lives.
      Nancyd xx

      ReplyDelete
    11. Stunning card-this is just perfect. Love it.

      Michele

      ReplyDelete
    12. Hi John, I love this card, the colours are just right. Love Rosemarie X

      ReplyDelete
    13. Love the Art Deco style so your card is a definite winner.
      Jan
      Northampton

      ReplyDelete
    14. I love art deco, so that is just my kind of card. Really love it. I'll definitely be watching the show. xx

      ReplyDelete
    15. I have a friend who would love this, John. It's gorgeous.

      Anne (Northampton)

      ReplyDelete
    16. Hi John
      Wow, I wouldn't normally like that colourway but it looks fabulous on this card. How clever of you to use the corners on the circle. Stunning.
      B xx

      ReplyDelete
    17. Love art deco and this is beautiful.
      Many thanks,
      Sue Mac

      ReplyDelete
    18. Stunning card John, love art deco. Marion S x

      ReplyDelete
    19. Hi John,
      Love the art deco look you have created here, can almost hear the theme tune to Poirot!! Fabulous card, hope I can catch your shows.
      Thanks for all the great inspiration,
      Heather

      ReplyDelete
    20. Wow John, stunning card and very different. In these colours it makes a really manly card, something normally so hard to achieve with die cuts. I am loving the art deco look and hope to see more from you in this style

      Happy day
      Helen

      ReplyDelete
    21. Artwork and a history lesson. Thanks. Quite a masculine card today. SueL x

      ReplyDelete
    22. A great male card. Joyce xx

      ReplyDelete
    23. Good Morning John oh my its amazing how the wheel goes around this design is just fabulous for a male card and that person who loves all Art Deco things. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

      ReplyDelete
    24. Hi John,
      I LOVE LOVE LOVE art deco and consequently I love, love, love your card. I'm imagining black and silver or black and gold..... lush!
      Hugs, Rose

      ReplyDelete
    25. Morning John

      Just love this card and it is an ideal male card

      June x

      ReplyDelete
    26. Hi John. This die is so understated on the face of it but it is so versatile and I love what you have done with it here. It's true, it really does work well for male cards too especially with the colours you have chosen today.

      Lisbeth

      ReplyDelete
    27. Lovely man card John.
      Love Valxxx

      ReplyDelete
    28. This is great John, we need more ideas for mens cards all the time.
      Although dark, I still love it and think men would too.

      ReplyDelete
    29. Morning John, I'm not normally loving Art Deco, but I absolutely adore this card, the colours are sumptuous and your compilation is gorgeous, straight from the 'Roaring Twenties'.
      Lots of love from Patricia xx

      ReplyDelete
    30. hi John, not a particular fan of Art Deco but your card is very interesting and great colours, love from Jackie xx

      ReplyDelete
    31. WOW....STUNNING... LOVE IT!!!!!!XXXX

      ReplyDelete
    32. Fantastic card john x great for the guys x
      Theresa w x

      ReplyDelete
    33. Great card John, and I love the colour combination.
      Wendyx

      ReplyDelete
    34. Love Art Deco always have years and years thank you John the card is lovely
      Love June horrocks xxxxxx

      ReplyDelete
    35. Eh up John
      Brilliant deco look and would be a perfect guy card. Love the shades of brown too.
      Ang x

      ReplyDelete
    36. Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. Those dies are amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

      ReplyDelete
    37. EXQUISITE! Hi John, I usually don't like Art Deco but this card is so beautiful. I think with the colors it would make a great "man card"...thank you for sharing..I love it...

      ReplyDelete
    38. Fantastic card John. Thank you for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    39. Stunning card John, I love it.
      Maggie

      ReplyDelete
    40. John this is stunning, i absolutely love it.

      ReplyDelete