Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Purple & Blue Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday,

I thought I would make a change and go with a blue card lol ok that's not much of a change for me to be honest lol but this is with purple and pixie powders so its a little different.


Today I am running my regular monthly workshop at Crafty Corner in Breedon Priory  .  Its going to be a day with the pixies in the Indian ocean lol a bit like today's card.


I stared by making a pixie powder background using m,midnight blue and purple violet mixed which gives this rich colour and the stunning mica shrine.  I took a print from the water clout card with a piece of vellum which I used for the flowers.



I cut the detail and outline using the Mauritius die set form the watercolour pixie paper.  I backed this with double sided adhesive and added white opaque microbeads over the top to fill the gaps.  I cut another of the outlines using white card which I cut in half to make a drop shadow behind.  I repeated the process with the other detail die in the set and foam mounted this in the centre.

Next I made a spare of the cape daisies ( I love these so much I have bought a second set!) in the velum, shaped them and added the centres in  pair and microbeads in the very middle.

For the foliage I letterpressed the bold scroll dies using perfect medium and then cut them out.  This leaves the debossed area with perfect medium allowing me to fill it with detail white embossing powder its a lot easier to show this so I will demo this technique on my Hochanda shows next week.


Finally I frames the card as shown and added matts a layers of amethyst and white and finished.


Enjoy...


37 comments:

  1. Good morning John today's card is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card today. Love the bright colours.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    Wow this is stunning, I love it.
    Enjoy your day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely creation.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card and lovely colours John.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John and crafters all,
    Pretty card today with the purple and blue pixie powders. Sounds complicated on ready through, so a demo would be nice.
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, a gorgeous card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John

    A lovely vibrant card

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card is great with another very pretty flower spray. Enjoy your day.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John, Beautiful !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    A lovely vibrant creation.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, a beautiful card, lovely colours to brighten a dull day. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card John, love the colours. See you later. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you have used the micro beads on this card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Love the design, but it's a bit too bright for my taste, can see this is soft gentle colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous John. Love the colour! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eh up John
    A day with the Pixies eh? Is that what you're calling the Breedon gals now lol! And I'm guessing the mica shrine is where all good Pixies worship? You and predictive text lol!
    Back to the card.......it does look quite vibrant but its purple so always a winner for me and very pretty florals.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, this is one of the dies I bought a few weeks ago. Just love it and the card you've made today.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning John oh wow what a beautiful colour combo, the purple is striking as the design and layout is stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John. My I pad is showing the card in a terrible colour that I am sure is not right, but aside from that I can see it is a lovely card. Have a great day. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just stunning John love it the pixi powers are brill such vibrant colours the die is beautiful
    Love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Love the vibrant colours and the Mauritius die is on my wishlist, the flowers are so beautiful too.
    Have a great day and thanks for all the great inspiration,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning John, love the card and congratulations on being so daring and using another colour with your favourite blue - very impressed.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, those pixie powders are fabulous. Fab card, John.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. Afternoon John, wow very vibrant colours, those pixie powders certainly are a winner.


    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pixy powDers are lovely great card. Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  27. John this card is lovely. You can use purples and blues as much as you want, I love them . Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  28. A lovely bright card john x very striking x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John. What a very pretty card today. I have really fallen in love with this new release of dies and, like you, I particularly love the cape daisies.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  30. John this is another gorgeous pixie coloured card, absolutely love this one.
    You are definately an expert especially when it comes to gorgeous backgrounds with the powders.
    I have still got to get my hands on them, too many other things take priority but i will get them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card I ordered some Purple Violet PP today!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John this is a stunning card. I love the colour and the dies are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous card John. Love the colours. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John loving the shows today I'm learning so many new things from you. Lovely cards you make things seem so easy thank you

    ReplyDelete