Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Move to Purple...

Happy Tuesday,

After yesterdays Autumns child in blue I thought it would be fun to show the winters child sentiment today in purple pixie powders as another change from the usual colours.

I stared by making another pixie powder background this time using purple violet mixed with midnight blue and silver dream.  I used the kitchen roll technique from yesterdays roses for the background.  I took a print from the pixie powder watercolouer card with a pice of vellum.  Once the vellum was dry I embossed it with the ice crystals 8x8 embossing folder.  To make the design come to the front I used the applicator on the metallic gilding polish in enchanted gold to pick up the embossed pattern ( i will be demoing this technique next Monday night)




Next I made a frame using the double pierced circle dies ( set B) and foam mounted the embossed ice behind this.  I then stamped the winters child sentiment and poem in true white detail embossing powder onto heat resistant acetate and set this.  I then added a frame in white, again made with the double pierced noble circles.  I made this into a shaker card using silver microbeads, mounting cushion and more acetate to make a see through share panel.



I cut he new cape diasy dies in the left over acetate ( the benefit of an 8x8 embossing folder you get a panel left unembossed)  I cut 2 of each size and shaped them with a ball tool before offsetting them to make the flowers.  I added black microbeads and the centres that come in the die set and arranged these with the bold scroll dies.




I made up the card as shown with a few layers ( as always) of bright white and cobalt.


Enjoy...

34 comments:

  1. Good morning John today's card is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning John beautifully designed and coloured, what lovely words, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love today's card. Gorgeous.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi john
    what a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John.
    A brilliant card thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, a beautiful card and love the flowers.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John
    Another stunning card.
    Thanks Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card John I was playing with the same pixie powders at the weekend aren't they stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John and crafters all,
    What a gorgeous card today!!!! The background with the pixie powders is lovely. Love the shaker element with the microbeads, and flowers are so pretty.
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    I love this card it's stunning.
    I'm off to Daisys in Coventry this morning with my Sister Rose, looking forward to doing some card making.
    Enjoy your day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Midnight blue pixie powder is on my wish list - it is such a vibrant colour. Love the flowers.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John, oh yes another gorgeous one, looking forward to having a play with this one, hopefully I will be able to see you demoing it next Monday night.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love the design the colours are beautiful. I do like shaker cards. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    A gorgeous card, I love purple. I like the background and look forward to the demo on Hochanda.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card John. Like the sentiment. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, really great card today. Just love the background. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, love it.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John. Another really pretty card again today. I love the background and I particularly like the flowers.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card John, really like the background. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, love the background.
    Just spent a week in Washington DC which was wonderful but tiring so am taking it easy today.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Morning John love that card the shaker bit is fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John

    Gorgeous shaker card!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card John, adore the colours

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another beautiful card love it. The colours are stunning and the verse well it's brill
    Love June horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loe the card, gorgeous colours. I am trying to get to grips with the Cape Daisies. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    Love the colours and microbeads in your cards, and of course the dies.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the card especially the flowers. Colours are lovely and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  28. John this is an ansolutely stunning card.
    Those colours are wonderful and i love the microbeads.
    love your perfect flowers too.
    This has to be one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful! I can't wait to see the demo on Monday night

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a beautiful card John. Love the colour. Looking forward to your shows. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an absolutely stunning card John, I love the colour it's beautiful and the sentiment is lovely. Great to be back looking at your wonderful cards. Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eh up John
    A real beauty....purple always a winner for me lol!
    Must get some heat resistant acetate; you're inspiring me lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete