Monday, 10 October 2016

In the Blue...

Happy Monday,

An Autumnal card today but not in the usual colours, I thought theres no reason why I couldn't use the Autumns child sentiment on a frosty blue pixie powder card!

I stared by spraying water onto watercolour card then I added midnight blue and white pearl pixie powders to the piece.  Next I sprayed water until the card was soaked which gives this frosty water like look to the card rather than the exploding colours usually with Pixie Powders.  once dry I cut the piece using the outline die from one of the mini Striplet dies by Sue Wilson and matted these with silver and cobalt.

I stamped the sentiment , from my birthday seasons clear stamp set, onto acetate with perfect medium.  Next I heat embossed this with true white detail embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer.  I added farm made with the double pierced circles set B in bright white foundation card.  I angered this to the acetate and cut around this.






I used a piece of background card that I had made using the same colours and the kitchen roll technique.  while adhering the kitchen roll with the glossy glue, seal and glaze I added some silver gilding flakes into the mix.  I then  stamped my christmas rose clear stamps ( from the Christmas Rose elements clear stamp set) in black archival ink and cut them out with the matching die.  I shaped the roses using my ball toll and added white opaque microbeads in the centres of these before arranging them around the circle.  I added some of the rose leaves, from the same die set, which I covered in diamond snow glitter jewels.









I made the card up as shown which has a simple look but to me with the pixie powders really shines!


Enjoy...

35 comments:

  1. Good morning John, todays card is nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, lovely coloured card today, I especially like the verse on the acetate on the front, looks brilliant.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Beautiful card,lovely background colours with your pixie powders,love it.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John and crafters all,
    Lovely card and beautiful sentiment.
    Will really have to get some pixie powders.
    Have a lovely day.
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card John. I love blue and it's fine for an autumn or winter card. I bought some pixie powders a few weeks ago but haven't had time to try them yet. Will have to have a go.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, a beautiful card love the colours and the flowers are so pretty.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful card today John, gorgeous background colour!
    Maggie B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. The colours are beautiful. It is such a good idea to put the rhyme on acetate. Have a great day today I know you will be busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John. Great card. I love the verse on the acetate it really stands out.
    Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    A beautiful card, gorgeous colours.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Another beautiful card today.
    Enjoy your day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another lovely card John. I really will have to get some pixie powders. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. Great card. Love the touch of gilding flakes on the pixie powders. Bought more powders yesterday so hoping to play later.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the effect of the sentiment on acetate, John - will have to try that. A great card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card John in beautiful colours. I especially like the use of microbeads for the flower centres. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours john the verse is brill as are the dies thank you love June xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very striking card, and I love the Christmas roses.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Stunning card, love the colours and the flowers are so pretty.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning John love the background and your flowers look fabulous with it. hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John. A very pretty card today and I love the imaginative way you have used the microbeads. What did you use to stick them on with?

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card John. Love the saying and the pretty flowers.
    Love Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    gorgeous card, love the colours, too.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    a brilliant card and such beautiful shades of colour.
    Wonderful design as usual.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yet another lovely card!
    Love Nancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this card, so simple yet very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning! Now aren't I silly not to think of using a mini Striplet outline die on its own! It is so effective. I have background ready and waiting ....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Not been able to comment much lately as have been relaxing in a village in Spain. Have returned to this lovely card. Can see it made in different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A lovely card John. Pixie powdered flowers are so pretty.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John

    I love the effect you got with the Pixie Powders, gives a CAS design a real punch. I recently bought some so will soon get to try them out for myself.

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card John, thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely gorgeous John, always love the colours of your backgrounds and love the words you choose for your stamps.
    Another one i love.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Eh up John
    Terrific background and love the stamped acetate......like a window through to the background.
    Great card.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete