Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 24 October 2016

Blue Monday...

Happy Monday,

As I have such a fondness for Blue I thought it might make sense to have the occasional Blue Monday featuring a card with my favourite colours.

Todays card is also a snake peak for my shows next Tuesday on Hochanda where I will be premiering the recent die release from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.  Todays card uses some of the dies I have on the show.

















I stated by cutting the Indian Ocean collection border strip across the bottom of a piece of icicle pearl foundation card.  I then used the outline die to cut just the bottom edge ( I will be demoing this technique on the shows next week)  Next I matted this onto a piece off cobalt foundation card again using the outline die to cut the shape.  Next I added a couple of strips of self adhesive pearls and mounted the panel onto an embossed background made using the pinpoint cross stitch embossing folder ( really one of my faves especially with the art deco Indian Ocean range)


I cut the Mauritius die in colblt using dies 1, 2 and 3 in  the set in cobalt and backed with more of the icicle pearl card studding 3mm white pearls where they seemed to fit.


I made up a spare of cape daises by cutting them in cobalt card and softening the edges and adding shading using a mini smoothie and white clouds colour cloud blending ink ( this works really well for toning down colour and making things look more realistic)

I used the smaller centre die twice in the middle of each flower and added white microbeads in the very middle.  Don't you just love the way these give a realistic centre! I added these to a bow made of tulle and leaves cut with the laced edged foliage die.




Finally a couple of stick pins a few layers of icicle and cobalt and finished.  very Blue but also very me!


Enjoy...

38 comments:

  1. Good morning John today's card is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card today John. I love blue too.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this card John. Superb. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    Wow another real beauty, Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John and crafters all,
    Stunning!!!!!!
    Can't wait for the shows!!!!!!
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful creation. Love the cobalt blue colour.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, a beautiful card and a fabulous colour I stil love these flowers.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely flowers and a striking colour.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love everything about it. Looking forward to watching your shows.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow John this is such a beautiful card. I love everything about it. Those flowers are gorgeous. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, very lovely card today, love the flowers. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    A gorgeous card today, love the colour too.
    Babysitting duties for us today we have 3 grandchildren here as it's half term, should be fun.
    Enjoy your day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, the flowers and the bow and stick pins make a beautiful accent, love it.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, John. I love the Mauritius dies.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Lovely card, the cape daisies look gorgeous, will have to investigate the die.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful John !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John
    A gorgeous card, love cobalt blue and the flowers are stunning.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, am loving blue Monday, and a great card to start it off.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What s beautiful card John the blue and this die is stunning.
    Thank you love June horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely blue. Beautiful card and I love, love, love your flowers. I think Sue's cape daisies die has now overtaken her poppies die as my favourite flower die. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Morning John not sure about the snake peak, but wow thats one stunning card today love those flowers and your sentiment is beautiful. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you John for a beautiful card - I love blue too !!
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for blue Monday John. Beautiful card.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, lovely card and I quite like the colour combination
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello John,
    Beautiful card! Sorry I've been missing but there has been an awful lot on just at the
    moment! Love blue too!
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  26. And also very lovely, John. Looking forward to Tuesday....
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John

    This is a beautiful card and I love that shade of blue!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  28. You can make every Monday a Blue Monday as far as I'm concerned! because I love blue too. This is a beautiful card and look forward to seeing the shows xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card. I too like the shades of blue. The tip for toning down the blue is a very useful one. Time for another trip up the road for some white colour cloud me thinks!!!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  30. Eh up John
    That's why I call you Little Boy Blue lol!
    Brilliant card and love the florals.
    I'm not keen on snakes either lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John. My favourite colours again today! I love all the new dies and I was particularly interested in the flowers. Now that I have seen how they turn out I have decided that I MUST have them.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  32. John this is another stunning card, i love the words on it.
    and the gorgeous colour.
    and ooh those flowers are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous card John. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful! I really love those Indian Ocean dies.

    ReplyDelete