Monday, 31 October 2016

Blue Monday Deco...

Happy Monday,

First I must admit that I forgot to mention in yesterdays post that the idea of Framing the card was Mrs Duck's!  I thought I had typed that but it was missing and so sorry I don't want to claim an idea form anyone else!

Back to today and its the start of the cards I have made for this weeks shows with the amazing Art Deco inspired die range from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.  I thought I would start with a simple blue card ( It being Blue Monday of course) and although this card may not look simple it's not as complicated as some I have to show you lol








I stared by cutting the outline detail die form the Indian Ocean background in bright white foundation card.  Next I cut the next detail section in cobalt card and mounted these together to create the background.  The main element may look complex but is relatively simple I will be demoing this card over the period of the One Day Special ( Starts Tomorrow at8pm and continues Wednesday at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and last chance at 7pm)

To make this I cut the Mauritius die three times using the outer detail and inner dies ( numbers 1, 2 and 3) in cobalt, Iris and periwinkle foundation card and backed them with bright white.  I then cut each die cut down the centre and rejoined the different colours to make 3 shapes.  I simple mounted these over each other, rotating the orientation each time, and added it to the front of the card.

Using the centre of the die cuts i made a couple of tags by punching a hole in them and threading them with thin satin ribbon from my stash and stamping the sentiment the top tag.

Finally I added some flowers made using the Cape Daisies and the centres as the smaller flowers.  Snow White microbeads in the centre and finished.

Tune in to the shows If you would like to see how this, and many others, are made.

Enjoy...



34 comments:

  1. Good morning John today's card is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Love the blue it's a striking card,great.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blue cards no matter what day it is and this is no exception. Gorgeous card.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John lovely card today, the colours are fantastic.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a gorgeous card and love the blue.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, a stunning creation, love the colours. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and colour John. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John and crafters all,
    Happy Halloween 👻,
    Lovely card today, clever use of dies and colours of card. Cape flowers with microbeads are pretty.
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the design. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to seeing you give us lots of new ideas, John.
    Pretty card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, very impressive card today. Love the colours and the flowers, I think I need that die. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, many thanks for showing all these wonderful ideas for using my Mauritius die. Just love this card.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John, love this card and Mauritius die. Looking forward to the shows. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card! I'm looking forward to the Hochanda shows. I really love the dies in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card John. Loving the look of that die set. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eh up John
    Gorgeous use of the die and colour palette.
    I gave you that idea as a freebie but thanks for the shout out lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the card John that blue is beautiful the die also thank you xxxxx
    June horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card today I love the colours too.
    Will be taping your shows, just in case I miss any.
    Happy crafting
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done Mrs Duck for the fab idea of using the frame and lovely card yet again today John. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea yesterday Mrs D Love today's card and of course iny favourite colours

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good Morning John love the design and your choice of colours. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card John. Thank you for sharing this and will enjoy watching it being made.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, what a great way to advertise your up coming shows. I do like the Indian Ocean background die and cutting it in white shows it off perfectly. Can't wait for the shows.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, this is a card and a half! Very lovely and I'll certainly be watching to see how it's done and your other samples which will undoubtedly be equally lovely.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John this is lovely. I do like the Art Deco look and these dies are on my wish list, which never gets any shorter.
    Good luck for your next series of shows. I am looking forward to seeing them.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the design off this card a lot but I am not sure of the combinations of these particular blues. It might just be my iPad not showing them well.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello John,
    Lovely card using lovely Dies! My favourite colours too!
    Thank you. All the best for the Shows!
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card John, love everything about it x X X

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John

    Love this card and especially that particular shade of blue

    June x

    ReplyDelete