Wednesday, 12 October 2016

A little more green...

Happy Wednesday,

After last weeks card with the subtle green from my Christmas Shades paper pack I thought I would try a deeper green for todays card.  It is a little more dramatic using the gloss black and peacock green pixie powders but sometimes there is a need for a little drama.

I stared by making the pixie powder paper using watrecolour card and Peacock green and  aqua lagoon.  I soaked the watercolour paper then added the pixie powders to allow the colours to explode out, I took a print form this sheet using a piece of bright white foundation card and set both aside to dry ( about 20 minutes)








I next took the swiss collection background and started cutting the panel individually.  I cut the first layers using dies 1 and 2 ( counting from the outside in) I then adhered this to a pice of the pixie powdered paper and using die 2 ( the plain line die) i cut the centre out.

I repeated this procedure using all the dies in the set using die 3 and 4, 5 and 6 and finished with die 7, the smallest, cut in the centre.


Next I layers each of the pieces together using mounting cushion so that It worked inwards to the centre.  I then added a few matts and layers in green from my stash and more black and bright white.


Next I cut the doodle flowers alternately in the pixie powder paper and black.  I shed around the edges off these using my ball tool and mounted each subsequent flower in the centre of the larger with a 5mm white stick on pearl in the centre.

I repeated the procedure for a further flower starting with a black large flower.  I added the matching leaves cut in the 2 colours and mounted these at either diagonal on the card.








A very dramatic colour scheme and card but great for mens cards I reckon!

Enjoy...

31 comments:

  1. Good morning John today's card is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a beautiful card today.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very dramatic especially compared to the last few days but I think I like it.
    Happy crafting.
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, a very dramatic green card today, and those pixie powders are certainly very popular.

    I loved the new video with you yesterday and the colour clouds, looking forward to the next one.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John.
    Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you say John a very dramatic card today. Love the colours. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John and crafters all,
    Lovely card, the focal element looks great but not sure about the green layer though.
    Yes I loved your colourcloud video, got these colours and was unsure about the white. Your demonstration and explanation gave me a better understanding of them.
    Can you please do a tutorial on COSMIC SHIMMER GILDING POLISH, using them for blending and what you can do on the card it is on.
    Many thanks!!!!
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. A very dramatic card today. Not a fan of green but could see it in other colours. Liked your video yesterday. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is such a dramatic card. I love the black against the Pixie Powder background. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, really striking.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    A gorgeous card, I bet it looks glorious in real life with the shimmer of the mica.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John, stunning and very dramatic card in black and green. Enjoyed the video yesterday on the colour cloud, looking forward to the next video. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Wow! this is bright, not for me i@m afraid but I do love the design.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John,
    Wow this is a bright card. Sure woke me up lol.
    Not sure if I like it or not. Remembering what you said that you never get the same twice with the pixie powders, this is a unique card.
    A nice crafting day for me today ( unless my family have different plans) hoping to finish the album I am making for my friend.
    Enjoy your day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beauty John love the greens and the dies beautiful
    Love June jorrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your card has really woken me up. Gorgeous bright colours.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John. Love the background die and the flowers on today's card. Not too sure about the colour scheme though, not for me I'm afraid.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning John love that green its so different and shaded to, the card design is just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John, love the design of this card, but not to sure about the colour.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a striking card John. Love it.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John

    Love this card, it has an art deco appeal about it

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow John a bit too dramatic for my taste but certainly wakes you up!! Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the style and colour, but I am not a fan of the felt flowers. To my mind the felt flowers always look clumsy and out of place of a pretty card. Sorry, but it wouldn't do for us all to like the same things and I am aware that some people love them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not sure on this one. Not a great fan of green but perhaps I would like it in a different colour.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this dramatic card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  26. John i love the design of this card but it is a little too
    green for me ( sorry )
    I absolutely love the design and layout and for me would be perfect in other colours.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dramatic indeed. I love the green.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  28. very dramatic. I must try this, taking a print from the watercolour card

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just lost my message. Brilliant card today John. Thanks for sharing and the techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Eh up John
    Sorry, this shade of green is not for me. I'm also not a fan of the doodle flowers but I do like the Art Deco feel to the design.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete