Thursday, 8 September 2016

More Nasturtiums...

Happy Thursday,

After yesterdays Nasturtium stamps along with the January's child I thought I would are a card today that shows the first appearance of the flower.  I used this first on a stamp to die for  designed for Sue Wilson.  I will have this stamp along with the matching die on my show Live form Ally Pally on Hochanda on the 17th September.

I used a collection of dies on this card and the background is made using my Kitchen Roll and pixie powder technique.  I coloured all of the card and paper using the Purple Violet, Midnight blue and Peacock green pixie powders.

I stamped the Sunny Nasturtium stamp to die for using Cosmic Shimmer ture white detail embossing powder and heat embossed it.  Next I cut the image out using the antwerp die and coloured the image using the pixie powders mixed with water to make a paint.

I cut the centre out of the image by hand ( fussy cut) and foam mounted this over the background.  I then made a set of fames using the double pierced ovals and background rectangles.  I used a further piece of the pixie powdered card behind the rectangular frame and framed the card with layers of french navy, black and white foundation card.


I made a bow of seam binding coloured with the same pixie powders and added a craft consortium embellishment in the centre with matching stick pins and metallic linx in silver.


A very rich and dark card that I know won't be to everyones taste but this could look so different in different colours!


Enjoy...

37 comments:

  1. Morning John, a gorgeous card and love the colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi john
    what a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, another stunning card today, lots of colour.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    Thank you a great card today lovely colour.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John and crafters all,
    Lovely card today, beautiful verse . Background colourway is so vivid and does the die and stamp justice.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Love and crafty hugs,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful John ,again colours are so vibrant. Love it . Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colours this morning,John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful pixie powder colours. Love the card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John
    What a beautiful card today. Love the centre piece it is stunning.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    I love this card, the colours are amazing.
    I love the pixie powders.
    Thanks for sharing
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John this is a stunning card the stamp and dies are beautiful and the colours amazing. I will be at Ally Pally on Sunday so I will miss your show that is a shame. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card John, beautifully designed and the colours are wonderful, the frame is gorgeous used to frame a section of colour, bow is luscious, Kate x 😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. Striking card, love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John, stunning card, love the colours and the stamp is gorgeous painted in pixie powders. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    A gorgeous card, stunning colours.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John xx beautiful card and stunning colours. Have a fab day xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    A card to stand out, makes a statement.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card in lovely colours.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John. Gorgeous card using my favourite colours. Won't see you at Ally Pally this time. Off to Newcastle next week for a few days and won't be back in time. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John, another beautiful card for us today. I love the colours you have chosen.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Morning John oh wow and double wow my favourite colour choice as it was my mums and my eldest daughters. Its just stunning I love all of it. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card colour is just stunning
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eh up John
    Love the background, in my favourite colour.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    I love those dramatic colours! Spot on for me, John.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card John. Favourite colour. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A lovely card John! I too, love the colour. Thank you.
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card john x been busy working this morning so off to watch catch up x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John. Lovely card today. What a really stunning stamp with so much detail. It almost reminds me of a Klimpt design.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  29. John this is another fabulous card, the stamp is stunning and so is the background and those gorgeous colours.
    I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John, great project love ur color choice too, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, great project love ur color choice too, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John thank you for adding me as a friend love the colours of the card

    ReplyDelete