Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 24 September 2016

Christmas Sue 2...

Happy Saturday,

I hope some of you managed to catch the fabulous launch show with Sue Wilson last night ion not don't forget you can watch on catchup at www.hochanda.com.  Sue is back today at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and last chance at 7pm.

I promised I would show today the card I made featuring the 2 new dies launched for the shows and this card shows really well how they can be used together too take a fab christmas card.

I simply made the background by embossing a piece of midnight blue pearl foundation card using the nordic quilt 8x8 embossing folder.  Next I added enchanted gold metallic gilding polish over the top the enchanted gold is a fabulously useful shade as it is gold on dark card and white gold / platinum on light card 2 products in one!

Next I cut a frame of gold and midnight pearl card using the double pierced circles set A and B.  I mounted this over a piece of acetate then added the merry christmas and the Happy new year ( which has the and a included in this set)  I cut both again in the gold and midnight using the darker colour as a shadow.




I cut the background into a set of frames and used the double pierced squares to make mats for each layer in gold.


A bright card but if you can't be bright and a little gaudy at Christmas.


Enjoy...

36 comments:

  1. Morning John, a beautiful card today and I love these sentiments, watched part of Sue's show still to watch the rest and she was fantastic as always, looking forward to see what inspiration she give us today.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John and crafters all,
    Lovely card today very bright the blue and gold.
    Just watching Sue's show which I recorded last night.
    Love and crafty hugs.
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card John, love the blue pearl card. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card John - WOW!

    Maggie B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John.
    A great card thank you.
    take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, a lovely card today, yes it is bright but sometimes they are needed. I like the sentiment dies from Sue too

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, Lovely card and its nice to have both the Christmas and New Year sentiments on. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    Love this card today, great sentiment dies.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Love the card & the colours.
    I missed the show will watch on catch up.
    Actually managed some crafting yesterday, started another quilt (only 3 king size ones to do before Christmas lol) this one is an attic window one. Will see how it goes.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, Lovely card. I think I need that embossing folder. Love the sentiment dies as well. I watched Sue last night and will catch up with her today as well. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card john x unusual but beautiful colours x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Love the design, not too keen on the colours, sorry.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this, John. Have a day making lace with Jan today.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that one. The background looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning John oh that is just stunning I love the two tone effect. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, a really striking card, very unusual colours, but lovely. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just one word John beautiful !!!!! I love this card thank you love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John. What a really stunning card today despite the fact that it is quite simple to do. Love the embossing folder you have used, I should think it would make a really pretty Nordic effect card if done in red and white.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card John, look forward to meeting you tomorrow at Karens. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, lovely card and great to have both Christmas and New Year Sentiments
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely card, lovely for men too.
    Thank you
    Sue M

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. The dies and the embossing folder are amazing. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely beautiful, John.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. great card love the embossing folder and the gold so elegant,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, Stunning !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely card John, love the colors

    Lori from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,
    oh my word this card takes my breath away as it's very gorgeous, and stunning.
    I love everything you have done on this stunning creation.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card John. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning It's amazing how different Enchanted gold appears on dark and light card I have it in gilding wax and it's my go to When that runs out I'll be getting the polish

    ReplyDelete