Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 5 September 2016

A little Late...

Happy Monday,

I've titled today's post a little late as this is the Birthday card I made for Tracey the Fabulous in house crafter at Creative Expressions however her Birthday was in March!  She decided to have an official birthday when she was on holiday in June by which time I had lost the original card I made!!  Therefore I remade this one specially for a very late birthday surprise!

When I wrote the March's child poem I did have Tracey in mind so it was great to be able to use this for someone I knew matched the words!

I started by stamping the sentiment in detail silver embossing powder onto CE heat resistant acetate and I wanted a shaker card.  I then added the frame, made with the 3 largest dies in the Geneva die set by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions, cut in white straight onto the acetate.  I then added foam around the oval and added a mixture of iced snow and white micro beads.  To seal the shaker element I used Sue Wilson's technique of adding a second piece of the acetate which meant I had a separate shaker element to add to the card.

Next the background.  I used a piece of the kitchen roll technique I showed on Hochanda a few weeks ago whereby I stick a piece of kitchen roll soaked in pixie powders onto card using Cosmic Shimmer glossy glue, seal and glaze.  I added a sprinkling of silver gilding flakes and some distress glitter as well and sealed the whole piece with more of the glue.Once dry you get this beautiful handmade paper look with a gloss finish.



I framed the background with the double pierced background dies in bright white  I added a layer of white and of cobalt blue to emphasise the colours. I then foam mounted the shaker element onto the front in the centre.


Next I cut a selection of the Sue Wilson daisy dies in the cobalt and made these up with three of each side making each flower.  I shaped these with a ball toll and spray glued them before adding diamond snow to give them a really frosty feel.  I added a small silver dazzler ( form the pack of mixed size and silver blue colours) in the centre.

I arranged these around the oval along with the foliage form the festive range cut in white and french navy foundation card.  I added one of the smallest daisies at the opposing corner and added a few layers of white and blue to frame and finish the card.


Enjoy...

40 comments:

  1. Morning John, a beautiful bright and colourful card on this dull and raining day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a gorgeous card bet Tracy loved it I was trying to remember how you done the kitchen roll technique thanks for the little reminder.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, beautiful card, love the kitchen roll technique
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card John so vibrant. Bet Tracey was thrilled. Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John.
    A brilliant card at any time better late than never.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John

    Really nice card. Such pretty colours. Bet Tracey loved it!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    This card is absolutely stunning.
    Thanks for sharing
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, really vibrant
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John and crafters all,
    Lovely vibrant card with plain and simple lines. Love the kitchen roll effect(recorded the shows) and the daisy flowers. I bet Tracey was one happy lady getting a card like this.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a stunning card Tracey is going to love it. Have a wonderful day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the colour.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John, wow what a beautiful card today, the colours are fantastic, I bet Tracy loved it, I have never seen such a large shaker part on a card before and it really works, must try this.


    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card and such a vibrant colour.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning John
    Beautiful card great colour.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    A beautiful card, gorgeous colours.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John
    What a beautiful card I am sure that Tracey is going to love it it's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, lovely card anyone would love it. Glad you recapped the kitchen roll technique, I had forgotten bits of it. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning John such a bright and cheery card love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    what a fabulous card - love the tissue paper technique, the colours and dies used. So beautiful.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good Morning John, wow I love that card that colour is so striking as is the card design. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John. It's true - this card really does have a lovely frosty feel to it. I really must get my acetate back out again (if I can find it) and have another go at shaker cards. There is just so much choice these days for stuff to add to the aperture to shake!!

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John one word comes to mind when you see this card beautiful thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a stunning card John, bet she was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eh up John
    This is nothing short of spectacular. Stunning! A real John showstopper.
    The verse is so apt for Tracey & she will have been thrilled to have inspired it.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful verse for Tracey. Gorgeous card, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous Card John. I think Tracey is very lucky.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this card John, simply gorgeous!

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  29. A very pretty card. I love the colours and the daisies loook beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card love the colours that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John,
    what a very super designed card, and such a lovely shaker design.
    The colours are gorgeous, and very nice.
    Love the verse as I was a March baby many, many, moons ago.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John. Beautiful card and thank you for the reminder about the kitchen roll technique. Had the paper all ready and then couldn't remember what to do. Just need to get the glue now. Something else to add to the Ally Pally list.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John, A gorgeous card !! especially the background, so effective.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. another gorgeous card and beautiful background.
    Tracy is very lucky to have a special card designed especially for her.
    Love how you have made into a shaker card.
    And the beautiful verses you have come up with will
    be ever so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  35. fab card ,love every part ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely card. Love the colours

    T

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous, beautiful colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi John
    Stunning card, I bet Tracey was chuffed, a great keepsake X X X

    ReplyDelete