Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 18 July 2016

Show Day...

Happy Monday,

As I may of mentioned yesterday I am domino 2 hour special this evening at 5pm on Hochanda ( channel 39 sky 663 and online at www.hochanda.com) on the latest ( non festive) range of dies designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.  I thought I would show young of the demo cards for this evening.  In fact this will probably be the first demo as I really like how this one has turned out!

To me this has a real retro feel to it like a piece of sixties wallpaper!






I started by stamping the Juliette stamp to die for in jet black archival ink all over an 8x8 square of bright white foundation card.  I ensured that I stamped over the edges and tried to fit the stamped images to cover most of the card.  Next I used the centre circle die form the Gillian farmers and tags sets ( which this stamp is designed to match the die)

Once this was completed I foam mounted this piece over a larger square of black foundation card and added a stick on pearl ( 5mm) in the centre of the black.


For the frontispiece I stamped the sweet leaves stamp twice in jet black and cut this one out using the outline die from the gillian die set.  I folder these into quarters cut these along one of the lines into the centre.  I then attached the two die cuts and placed a pearl in the centre so that it fans out.

For the border strip I cut a long strip of white card and cut the insert die from the atlas triplet.  I fitted the die back into the die cut on the last pattern to extend the filigree section.  I backed this with black and added a mat of what card.  I then added this to the left hand side of the card and placed the stamped fan in the centre.

Finally I added a stamped and pierced fall die cut matted in black and finished.

I hope you can tune in to see what I am doing especially as it is a 2 hour show so I will get more time for demo!

Enjoy...

32 comments:

  1. Morning John, that's a very pretty card today, I remember mums wallpaper being something like that in the 70s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John,
    Wow you are serving up a treat of retro cards. This is no exception!!!
    Can you show us how you make the stands for your cards, have emailed you a couple of times but not had a reply.
    Looking forward to today's shows, they are set to be recorded.
    Hope you had a good day in Fleetwood.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, oh how this brings back memories of the 60's, yes I remember it so well, and I am sure I had something like this pattern on my bedroom walls, it is such a beautiful card and I will be glued to the PC screen this evening watching you.

    So pleased you had a great weekend in Blackpool and Fleetwood, but you didn't save me a bit of your ice-cream did you, haha

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, what a fabulous card, love it. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    Really retro! Great card.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John.
    Yes we too had wallpaper just like that ha ha.
    The card is very nice the tv is all set Thank you
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    WOW this takes me straight back to the 60's. Great.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Another stunning card, very 70s looking. I too remember wallpaper being similar then lol.
    I must set my box to record before we get invaded by our two youngest Grandchikdren.
    Have a great day.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the retro design. I hope the show goes well you will be fab. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the shows today which I'll probably be able to watch live for once! Have so many to catch up with.
    Great design today.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, a fabulous card yes I remember I had wallpaper not unlike this but it is more 70's than 60's remember it well.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card and very different. Love it.
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    I'm looking forward to your shows and can't wait to see the demo of this card.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. As a child of the 60's I remember wallpaper like this, brings back a lot of memories. Will be wTching your show. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful & unusual too...at first glance it looks like nesting dies!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card John. Looking forward to the show.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another dramatic card Love the black/white but can also see it in other colour combos too Looking forward to your shows

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see this is in all of the bright colours they used in the 60's!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John
    This is a really retro look, looks fab look forward to the demo's later X X X

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very striking card John. Will definitely be watching tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card John very different and really a card for males as well
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good Morning John, gorgeous card today, love the stamp and your design. Have fun on the TV show. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning John,
    A very bold card, sorry it's not to my taste.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  24. I not sure about this one John, but will be interested to see the demo. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John. Very 'Mary Quant'. Looking forward to your shows later.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eh up John
    Definitely reminiscent of retro wallpaper but too busy again for me I'm afraid. Looking forward to seeing you with Gillian and the "farmer" lol!!!!!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello John,
    I remember wallpaper like this too in the late sixties early seventies! An Aunt had similar in bright turquoise - fortunately only on one wall!!! There is a lot going on and I like each element but maybe not all together! Is that ok?
    Tina T - John mentioned a lady on his blog on one of his Hochana Shows who wanted to know how to make a stand . He demonstrated it on the Show for you . It's a shame you missed it!
    Safe travel John and hope the Shows go well.
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John. Same problem for me as the card you showed yesterday. A bit too confused I think. However, having looked at it a little more closely, I think it would look a lot less busy without the addition of the rosette.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very retro john x just like my nans tea plates ! Really looking forward to your shows x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Rose in Chester18 July 2016 at 16:51

    Hi John,
    Never was a fan of that look even when it was "in". But I LOVE the rosette. Everything set to record as I'll be out but don't want to miss the show and your demos.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  31. Like this card. Really wanted to watch the shows but Internet not behaving. Tried to watch live whilst I was at my sons house but so much going on there I just couldn't concentrate so decided to watch on Catch Up but although I got the program up it just wouldn't start. Will try again.

    ReplyDelete