Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 10 June 2016

Pixie Nasturtiums...

Happy Friday,

I thought I would share with you today a card I have made specially for my demo at the new Crafters Companion Flagship store in Newton Ayecliffe on Saturday.  I cant wait to see the new shop and have a look around at what they have on offer.  The store stocks loads of Creative Expressions products and that is what I will be demoing ( as well as this card)

This card uses some of my favourites form the new die range as well as my fave stamp set the nasturtium elements clear set.





I stared by drawing round the inside of the number 3 die in the double pierced circles with a pencil onto bright white foundation card.  I then stamped the large nasturtium element from the set twice around this circle in opposite corners using perfect medium.  I heat embossed the stamped design with Cosmic Shimmer brilliant sparked embossing powder in black mirage.  Next I coloured the flowers using pixie powders taking Julia Watts technique of adding water to a small amount of powder in a palette and using a water brush to pick up and paint.  one these had dried I mixed some of the white pearl pixie powder in the same way and used this to add highlights to the flowers.

I next cut into the middle of the circle with scissors and simply cut out around the flowers ( not that neatly see the pictures) I then added the die into the centre putting the stamped and coloured images over the top of the die so that they didn't cut.  the russet was I got the beautiful pierced circle leading to the flower sprays but they were left in place.

I then used the number 4 deign the set and cut a smaller circle from cobalt foundation card.  I cut the original circle with the double pierced squires set and foam mounted this over the cobalt cutting around the edge to give a neat blue border around the square.



I the took a piece of the new silver shine pearl card and cut the stitches lattice form this putting the die back int o extend the pattern to make almost an A4 sheet of lattice.  I added this behind, again with moire from tape, and added a PVA white pearl glue dot at each intersection.


Finally I added a sentiment form my larkspur everyday sentiment set stamped in cobalt archival ink and added a border of the cobalt cut with one of the centres form the Swiss die range.

a few layers of cobalt and white and finished.

If you are around the Crafters Companion store on Saturday I will be demoing between 10am and 4pm it would be great to see some familiar faces there!

Enjoy...

41 comments:

  1. Morning John, absolutely beautiful card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, gorgeous as always.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card. Just the sort I love. Thanks John
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    Thank you a beautiful card.
    Have a good weekend take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, not sure if the previous comment from Kokila S is relevant!!!

    Anyway I am loving this card, yes the Nasturtium stamps are gorgeous and you have brought them to life on this card, I know I can smell them, haha!!

    love the technique with the circle too and the pierced cross trellis looks fabulous with the little pearl heads on them

    I would love to go to the new flagship store for CC but as you know it is so far away from me, but I like to see the pictures of it. Have a great time.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    What a lovely card, not very often do we have circles with adornments of flowers. Love the colours of both card and flowers.
    Happy Crafting at Crafters Companion tomorrow.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Love the lattice background. Haven't used mine yet but will do now.
    Love it.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, a beautiful card, love the colours and the circle layout with the flowers around. Enjoy visiting with Crafters Companion. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John. Stunning card, it certainly has the "wow" factor and I'm loving the lattice background. The Crafters Companion store is wonderful, I'm sure you'll love it. I'm going to try to get there but the car is making some very strange noises and I'm not sure it's up to the journey. Have a fab day. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    lovely card - Like the "blues"........
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow-stunning card, love it.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card John. Sounds like you're in for a treat on Saturday.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    Absolutely gorgeous, I love it.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card ,love the stitched lattice ,fab card ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    Lovely card, the lattice section is striking X X X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, This card is gorgeous, I'm loving how you have done the cutting, the nasturtiums are fabulous, and the lattice gives a lovely effect with the pearl glue dots at each intersection. I love this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Lovely card, the painted flowers have a lovely lustre and I love the trellis die.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John I love this card it is amazing the lattice stitching die looks really good also your lovely flowers
    KathyB

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning John,
    This is a beautiful card John in the blue and white with the pearl shine lattice beneath the circle of the beautiful flowers. I really like the colbolt blue that you have used, it's such a striking shade of blue looking as strong and vibrant as you want or diluting the shade with other products if you don't want it to be that vivid. Have fun at Sara's new shop today flower, i would say best behaviour but you're going into Sara's world and she has a great sense of fun so you have no chance, lol. Safe journey flower,
    love and crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil Village)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty It's nice to see some darker colours being used

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card John. Good luck at Crafters Companion. I keep saying it, but down here in Surrey we miss out on everything. have a safe journey. Love Rosemarie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a lovely card John. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty card. The cutting out technique is very effective and results in a lovely end product. Like the colours a lot.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good Morning John wow what a beautiful card and I love the colour of the flowers and the lattice background is gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning John, what a fabulous card for us today. The stamps are beautiful and I love the colour combination you have used.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning John,
    Wow this card is gorgeous, I need to try this out.
    Enjoy your day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this card John it's a beautiful got to get the pierced circle dies I love them thank you John love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Morning John,
    Beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely colours and a super card.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness John I just LOVE this card. Being surrounded by CE goodies is my idea of heaven wether it be a pot of colour cloud to card from expensive dies to Pva glue, I'd love to be surrounded by it all lol.
    Have a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, a absolutely gorgeous card, love the colour.
    Have fun at the new shop. I'm seeing Julia tomorrow,
    think it will get messy :-)
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John. Love the lattice die and the way it has been used to fill in the centre of the circle. Stunning colour choice too.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the lattice inside the circle, will be trying this one myself but with paper flowers & a flourish

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card, love the colours. Sounds like you will be on a spending spree this weekend. I went to Phill's on Wednesday and came home broke!! (I booked the Craftathon, so you have got me twice in 1 month, sorry). SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the dies are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  37. Eh up John
    Gorgeous card which I'm sure will be enjoyed by the demoees.
    Sleep well as you've a busy day tomorrow.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous card again today that i am sure will go down very well at the demo tomorrow.
    Love the stamp and the colours you have chosen also love the stitched lattice die which i have yet to get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very pretty card John. Enjoy your day tomorrow and thanks for sharing this card with us.

    ReplyDelete