Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 30 June 2016

Festive Die Release 2016...

Happy Thursday,

I thought I should share some of the samples I have made using the fabulous new Festive die range designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.

the first sample today is made using the Ornate Holly Framed Peace die along with the Bold Snowflake Flurry, two of my favourites form the die launch ( although its hard to choose as one of my blog family said all of them are her favourites!)  There is also a little sneak peak in here as the stamp is form my new Christmas Range which I will be sneak peaking form Monday next week!










I stared by making the background using the Midnight Blue, Purple Violet and silver shine pixie powders.  The technique for this is one I am currently work shopping so I don't want to give too much away!  I added Silver Moon gilding flakes and some of the little snowflakes that come in the set.  There is even a little diamond snow in there as well ( talk about throwing everything at something!)  I will be demoing this very soon and am planning my first new Video on this one!

I stared by cutting a piece of watercolour card to which I had added the midnight blue and Purple violet pixie powders to with the largest snowflake in the bold snowflake set.  I covered it in spare glue and added diamond snow highlight the detail.  I cut the next size false in bright white card and the final one in a scrap of the pixie powdered piece.  I stacked these with mounting cushion and added stick on diamante ( form the wedding collection from Craft Consortium)  at the points and in the centre.

I added this to the edge of the frame I made with the pierced background rectangles cut in bright white.  I stamped the sentiment in jet black archival ink ( wait till Monday to find out which set this is from lol) on more of the pixie powder paper and cut it with the medium pierced flags die.
Next I cut the Ornate holly framed piece die in bright white foundation card, sprayed it with glue and added more of the diamond snow.  I cut the largest oval in the set in the pixie powder paper then the smaller oval in bright white.  I stacked these with Mounting Cushion and added some more of the diamante to accent the sentiment.








I made up the card as shown using Bright white and black to allow the background and focus element to be framed.

I hope you have enjoyed the amazing samples Sue Wilson has shown over the last few days showcasing this beautiful new collection of Dies.

More Tomorrow,

Enjoy...


38 comments:

  1. Morning John, wow the start of the new Christmas collection, it's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vibrant card John. Fabulous.
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning John! I hadn't decided to buy that die from this launch but now I've seen this card it has to go on the list! Ho hum!
    Maggie B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    Love the card. It will be great just to see your ideas with the new dies.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    what a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, absolutely gorgeous card love this die and the colours you have used make a very elegant card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very Christmas colour and the background looks interesting! Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, this is just beautiful, love the background colours. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I do love the dies. I can't wait to see your Christmas stamps. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very vibrant card John, will be watching with interest about this technique. Love Rosemarie X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    This is a very striking card, love the background, looking forward to the rest of your range X X X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, stunning background and lovely card.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    A gorgeous card, lovely colours.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning John, wow thats one technique I love to try the colours are gorgeous and yes Ive loved Sues samples and cant wait to watch her shows on the TV. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card, John. I am looking forward to Julia's Pixie Powders workshop to learn how to do things like this.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the background on this card John. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are some beautiful dies just released John, this looks lovely, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now I've seen the whole collection there are lots that I love but I like hem all too! Love your card today featuring some of the dies and your new stamps look forward to you doing your videos

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    Really beautiful and vibrant card, the background looks amazing and sets off the whole design beautifully.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John,
    A bit too bright for my taste but I love the design.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John,
    Wow this is stunning, I love the brightness of the colours.
    I look forward to your video, I think you need to make more videos to show us certain techniques you do. I for one sit at my desk and think 'how did John do that' many times lol.
    I out my order in yesterday for all the new gilding polishes. I will never be rich lol.
    Have fun with the new dies
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Card John, really vibrant background and great dies.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your stamps.
    Wendux

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow John very dramatic and so beautiful I loved the dies from sue it's great what you clever people do with them love
    June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John. Lovely vibrant card and can't wait to see more of your sentiments if this one is anything to go by. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning John, Another card to tickle the imagination,waiting to see your new sentinments Mon. Have a good day Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card john x lovely die and a fantastic background x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is fabulous! Love the background and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John. A very striking card today and I am looking forward to learning how you did the background. I would have to say that if I were to do something similar for Christmas, I might use more pastel colours - sorry.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello John ,
    Really lovely John! Love the colours too!
    Internet not good today!! Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely blue John, loving the colour and the whole design is gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, I'm loving this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John,
    Fabulous card. Love it!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. A lovely card John. I must get going with my pixie powders.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card John. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John, yes another gorgeous card, as you know I am not into messy crafting but I love the new dies (yes I have purchased some of them, this on included)

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Eh up John
    Fabulous card. That background looks amazing.Can't wait to see your latest stamps.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete