Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 5 May 2016

White Clouds...

Happy Thursday,

I had a fab day at Annette's Crafty Corner in Breedon with the lovely ladies at yesterdays workshop!  We have booked 2 for June the 1st and the 22nd !

back to today I thought you might like to see another sample from my Justrite stamp and die shows form earlier this week.  It really was fun especially as the channel returned to Freeview!  I really wanted to demo this card however as we sold out of the new white and Midnight clouds colour cloud so early I wasn't able to!  I'm afraid you will have to settle for a description instead.




I stated by e,embossing the Spirelli mask from That Special Touch onto black foundation card through my Platinum.  Next leaving the mask in place, I shaded over this using the white clouds colour cloud blending ink.  Hopefully you can see from the picture that this covers beautifully whilst still being able to shade areas as well as solid colour.

















Next I cut the Heart frame in ridged white card and cut this does the centre mounting the two pieces on top of each other to make the rectangular shape square.  I then used the 2 edge dies in the set to cut the black and white panels.  I rotated the die after cutting to overlap the cut she to make the square shapes as shown ( I did show this technique so if you missed it you can watch on catch up at www.hochanda.com)  I then cut the heart die in black and added the centre die from the heart to cut a rim for the heart in white.  I stamped the sentiment, form the chrysanthemum set of stamps, in the white in the centre.

Finally I added a strip of white dream binding along with a strip of thin black satin ribbon and added a messy bow and one of the Creative Expressions diamante embellishments.  A few layers of black and white to frame it .

A simple black and white card but hopefully effective!

Enjoy...

34 comments:

  1. Morning John, a beautiful striking card it is great to be back commenting first thing in the morning as we were always out at 3 o'clock in the afternoon that was 6 am here.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    what a stunning card love the colours and the mask thank you tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John A great card Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    Love the background. I got my colour cloud from Julia so it's on it's way to me. Will play as soon as it arrives. Love the card and the dies and your shows.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    I love this card, I never used to be keen on doing black & white cards but they do make a statement. This card is stunning.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, this is fabulous, black and white is one of my all time favourite combos. Lovely embossing with the mask and the white colour cloud. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, oh another gorgeous card, love the black and white, and I am so pleased I order the black and white before it sold out. I especially like the ribbon the way you have used the seam binding with the black satin on the top it looks so effective.

    Off to wound clinic again this morning.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card John I have this mask and have never used it but I will be digging it out now lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello John. Fab card as I love black and white. Adding to my colour cloud collection has to next purchases.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    Beautiful card, love black and white.
    I was one of the lucky ones to get the CS colour cloud (black,white and oak) and the arrived yesterday thanks to Hochanda freedom club and DPD so going to have a play today!!!!!
    Love and crafty hugs.
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. Black and white is such a classic combination. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, striking card. I missed out on the colour cloud so will have to wait, bank manager will be pleased. Love Rosemarie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the softness the white makes on the black. I have just bought the white colour blend from my local craft shop so I can play. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is very effective John I love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card John. Black and white always looks stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card.. Like the sharpness of the black and white. This mask has to count as a favourite alongside the waves mask.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another very striking card again today John. I like the way the sentiment panel really pops against the background.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card John nd I,m loving the new colour cloud, white and black ones, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this card John it's beautiful thank you
    Love always June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the effect of the white Colour Cloud. A great card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John,
    Very striking.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John. Great card. I love that spirelli mask. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow John, a stunning and gorgeous design!

    Smiles

    June

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    I'm with June - stunning design. Can't wait to get my white, to start playing.......... There are just not enough hours in the day....
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eh up John
    Super! Black and white, always a classic ensemble.
    Hmmmm, methinks that's another mask I need to have (notice, I said NEED lol!)
    Hope you're emerging from the Craft Cave for a Vit D fix on this lovely day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John a lovely card - very dramatic, it would have been nice to see it demonstrated but your descriptions are great.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love black and white cards.....really classey!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very classy, love the design and beautiful bow.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really dynamic John and I love it.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the masked background on this one, gives the card such a fab and different look.
    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. We offer our guests handmade products of fine embroidery by local women of Hunza Nager valley.We offer door bells,amigo bands,money wallet,passport bags , spectacles cases and many other.These products are produced and manufactured with great care and following the ancient motifs. You may go through the photos of these handmade products and place your orders; your one kind order can give hand to improve the living of many poor households and individuals striving for a better life and overcome the poverty.You will get these products right at your door step worldwide courier throughDHL,TCS and FedeX.
    HANDICRAFTS

    for more details cilck this website

    www.ehunza.com

    ReplyDelete