Monday, 9 May 2016

What's Red, White and Black all over...

Happy Monday,

I thought I would show another of my Red, Black and white cards today as this seems to be developing into a theme at the moment!  I blame it on the Exquisite Poppy dies in Sue Wilson's new Die range for Creative Expressions.

I started this card, as I seem to do with all that I am making at the moment, with the stitched lattice which I cut in bright white foundation card.  I then made a series of frames in Ruby and Black using the new Double Pierced Circles dies.  I foam mounted this over the lattice and added a larger
circle in black at the back.

Next I cut the Happily Ever after frame in white using the outline and the detail twice.  I then cut mats for this using just the outline die in the ruby.  I added these to the frames and offset them to give the look you can see in the picture.  I added 5mm stick on pearls in white ( the last of my stock I think as I have been using them all over the lattice) I then added the sentiment cut in black and circled this with the pearl strings.  I foam mounted this in the centre .
To add focus, and because I thought I could get away with a large bow / embellishment on such a dramatic card, I added the heart sprays cut in ruby and white topped with some white tulle, silky crush ribbon bow, thin black satin bow and finally one of the embellishments form Always and Forever from Craft Consortium.

I added this to the bottom left to add focus to the sentiment and balm
need it with some of the pearl corners from CE on the embossed layer.

I made top the card as shown using layers of the ruby, black and white to add to the drama!

As i have said a very dramatic card but with the big increase in this colour scheme in the wedding market one I hope I can get away with ( yes I am thinking of you again and the Goth wedding  you have to Craft for Maggie and Rose, you know who you are!)

I will start the sneak peaks tomorrow for my Show on Hochanda 8pm Wednesday when I get the chance to show some of my favourites from the January release of dies by Sue Wilson!

Enjoy...

44 comments:

  1. Morning John, loving today's card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    A very dramatic card Thank you.It is beautiful.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, a beautiful dramatic card today.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning John
    A very bright card for a Monday morning.Great.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    what a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG John... absolutely stunning, so eye catching and dramatic - WOW !!
    Looking forward so much to see your inspiration over the next few days using Sue's new collection which I still have none of !!
    Hope you've got over your fun filled weekend with Julia, and enjoy a good day today xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    This card is STUNNING!!!!
    The red and black on white are so dramatic. Love it !!!!!!
    Glad you had a good weekend demoing with Julia in Preston and arrived home safely.
    Looking forward to Wednesday's show and Thursday to.
    Hope Hochanda gives you, Julia,Sue and Phil your own dressing rooms because you are all STARS !!!!!
    Love and crafty hugs,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    Very Goth. They will love it!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vibrant colour way for this stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this stunning, dramatic card John. Fabulous. Thank you
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    Wow this card is gorgeous, I have ordered the circle noble dies and can't wait to get them so I can have a play with them.
    No crafting for me today, I'm back to babysitting our two youngest grandchildren, and now the baby is walking we will be extra busy, by the end of the day we will be worn out.
    Enjoy your preparations for your shows.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John. Real wow factor here. Such a dramatic card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card John I like to use these colours too and the bow is great xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, very dramatic colour combination.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the colours and the dies are gorgeous. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, a superb card, one of my favourite colour combos, very striking. Have a great Monday. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John
    A great card, very dramatic.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card John , love it ,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful John. Hope you had a good weekend in Preston. Gill went along. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card John. Thanks again for all the demoing at Preston. Great seeing you again. Gill. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. My kind of card John. Very rich. I really really need that lattice die, it works for just about e erything. Love Rosemarie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John, oh very dramatic today, love the colour combinations, I must start to use my dies a bit more now I am feeling better, got wound clinic today, fingers crossed.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very dramatic, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely, John - the colours are beautiful together.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a stunner John love it the colours the dies just brill thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning John, fab card with great colour combination. Janice xx http://Createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just need to echo the words striking and dramatic. Love the colour combo.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow what a striking card john x its stunning and love how you've used the dies its inspirational x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good Morning John, that is truly a striking card I love how youve used the Happily Every After die it looks fabulous mounted up like that, and the whole card is just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxx (Oh I enjoy your programes on Hochanda

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John, white, red and black. Stunning card.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow John very dramatic card today.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Morning John,
    Love the card very dramatic.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John,
    an absolutely LUSH card, my favourite colour combo. Have two wedding cards to make, unfortunately pastels are requested. Would LOVE to make something like yours. But there'll be other occasions......
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely card today John. Have a birthday card to make. Might do something similar. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Immediately thought this could make a great card for a football supporter!! Every club has its own colours and a rosette instead of a bow would make it even more relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Eh up John
    A very bold statement card......terrific! A change of colours still makes it perfect for any other occasion.
    Looking forward to Wednesday matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi John. I have to admit that the colours are a bit too brash for me, but I do like the design of the card and I am sure it would work in different colours too.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous! Love the design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi John
    Another fabulous card today. Love the colours you've used

    ReplyDelete