Tuesday, 19 April 2016

New Sue...

Happy Tuesday,

Well it wouldn't be a new Sue Wilson die range launch if I didn't show some of the beautiful Stamps to die for that match.

I started with the new Sunny Nasturtium stamp to die for which matches the Antwerp die from the Belgian collection.  I stamped the image using perfect medium and heat embossed it with detail silver embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer.  Next I coloured the flowers using my alcohol pens shading them by leaving the centres by leaving them white.  Next I used 2 shades of green to colour the leaves.  I then shaded around the edges and swirls using a light grey.

I had cut the centre of the stamped image and using the outside die form the Antwerp set i cut an aperture in a piece of periwinkle foundation card.  Next I cut a panel using the new double pierced background rectangles.  Whilst in the die I embossed the panel using the A4 embossing folder and highlighted the embossed area using the Pearl Lustre metallic gilding polish.


I added a strip of ribbon across the bottom and added a bow and pearls.  I added one of the new embellishments form the Always and forever collection from Craft Consortium.

For the background I cut one of the corners form the Belgian collection in coconut white card and added these to a layer behind the embossed panel.  I stamped the sentiment, from my primrose elements clear stamp set and shaded around this with clear day colour cloud blending ink.

A couple of layers of coconut white, periwinkle and deep blue finish the card.

More tomorrow,

Enjoy...

34 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you for all the great shows yesterday.
    Todays card is so pretty Thank You.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Going to use catch up to watch the shows I missed yesterday while at work. Lovely card today - i've been investing in some stamps and will add this one to my list!
    Really nice!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John. What a lovely stamps and the way you've coloured it, gives an interesting shape.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Wow a stunning card today, I love the colours you have used as well.
    Happy crafting
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John
    Thank you for another pretty card.
    Loved your Hochanda shows, all the hints, tips and techniques much appreciated.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, such a lovely floral card, the stamp is gorgeous. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the matching stamps. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW-this is a stunning card, really lovely.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shows yesterday John. Learned lots, love today's card, very pretty. Love Rosemarie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card John. I must see if I can do catch up on your show. I do miss watching Hochanda on the telly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really enjoyed the shows yesterday, some great tips and fab cards.
    I love todays card and the mix of die and stamp really works. Something to have a go at, thank you. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice card today John. I love the detail in the stamp.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    A great card, lovely stamp. I enjoyed your shows which were full of useful tips and techniques.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, A beautiful card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eh up John
    Lovely stamp to adorn this pretty card. Fab colour!
    Have tried to watch your shows on laptop, tablet and phone but it jumps around like Skippy on steroids......boo hoo!
    Like to hear you're doing the Perfect Medium/Distress Ink stamping......works a treat, doesn't it?
    Hope you get a breather today.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, a beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the card John I loved the demos yesterday
    Thank you love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John, sorry a bit late on today, did not have a very good night. Love this card and also the embellishments, I bought when I went to AP, a set of the bling ones with the pearl in the middle and wow they are gorgeous, wish I had got some more, they really are lovely. Something that really does put the icing on the cake for your cards John. Hugs my friend.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, a really pretty card today, I am not great at stamping but you are slowly converting me.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    lovely soothing card - I have lots of stamps for Sue's dies but use them not often enough by far. Must get into the habit of doing so. Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, love the colours too.
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card John, gorgeous dies and colours, your designs are always fabulous, KATE X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous! loving the look of these dies.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, Sue is so talented designing such wonderful stamps and dies but you make them amazing.
    Beautiful card John.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this one John, lovely colour. Yesterdays were lovely too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. lovely card ,nice stamping .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card today John. Thank you for sharing this with us. Loved the shows especially the mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card John, very elegant X X X

    ReplyDelete