Thursday, 28 April 2016

Lilac Wedding...

Happy Thursday,

Julia Watts is continuing her One Day Special today with the wedding collection designed by Becca Feeken for Spellbinders so I thought I would show you another of the samples I made for her show.  for this card I mixed in the fabulous Classic Elegance paper pad designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.

I stared by cutting the swirl strip panel three times down a piece of wisteria foundation card.  I backed this with coconut white card which I covered in double sided adhesive sheet and spread diamond sprinkles over the exposed adhesive.  This gives a gentle sparkling look thats just perfect for these soft colours.




Next I cut the swallowtail pennants using die 1 and die 3 for different pieces of the paper from the paper pack.  I then used die 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 together to sit 2 fames form wisteria card and placed these over the patterned shapes.  I used the waste for the centre of the smaller frame to make the sentiment stamping the many congratulations form my lily of the valley elements clear stamp set in watering can archival ink.
















I foam mounted these to the middle left of the card adding the sentiment across the card.  I made a messy bow using seam binding and a lilac thin satin ribbon ( from my stash) finishing with an organza rose ( leftover form my mixed media show) however I placed the bow the opposite way round to normal so that it hangs as show and look more delicate.

I finished the card using cosmic Pearl PVA dimensional glue to create all the Pearlage on the card.



Julia's shows  are on today at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and last chance at 7pm.

Enjoy...

35 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    This card is stunning, I love the colours.
    I've not managed to watch the show from last night yet, but will watch it in a few minutes, you've just reminded me I need to tape the shows.
    Happy Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    A beautiful card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    what a stunning card love the colours thank you tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, a fabulous card love the colours and the tags.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello John, such a gorgeous card, great combination of the dies, fab colours. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello John
    Love the card - you cost me a fortune yesterday with the wedding stuff - gorgeous though!!!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, Oh I so pleased with this card, it is one of my favourites of the samples you have done, not only that I have got most of the dies and the stamps too, now that is a first. I am loving the new craft consortium embellishments that CE are bringing out as they compliment your cards beautifully. I did manage to buy the Always & Forever diamanté and pearl ones at Ally Pally and they are stunning.

    Hopefully by next week I will be able to do a bit of crafting, my head is buzzing with things to do.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card John that can be used for any occasion xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card those dies are amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    This is a very pretty card, the paper pad is fab and colours so suttle and the use of the tags so different.
    I wish they would put both you and Julia on a show together as you both have different talents.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and color ,love the delicate papers .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card John, it has a very delicate look to it. Love Rosemarie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you have used the tags here, John. I forgot to record the show last night so will have to watch catch up. Will be glad when Hochanda is back on Freeview - it's so frustrating.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card and the banners made from the papers. It all works beautifully and the colours ars fab. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of clever ideas in this one I especially like how the sentiment sits at the bottom of the pennant instead of slap bang in the middle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    Lovely card, such a pretty colour.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow John this card is sooo beautiful I love it thank you
    Love always June Horrocks xxxxx
    Glad you are feeling better June xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card again.....you mist be addicted to glue dots!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John. Just watching Julia on TV and I am so pleased to see lots of ideas for weddings as I am supposed to be setting up a wedding stationery business. I love today's card as I can see so many possibilities for a complete wedding package.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John just a quick pop in before I disappear off again. You've certainly been busy this past week though not sure I am in tune with all the media ideas. Pretty papers you have used here. Have a good day love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello John,
    Love the flowers and ribbon. The thin ribbon really looks so elegant
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved your mixed media but this is what your so well know for Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty card. Like the colour choice.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John another masterpiece and love the colour. Just managed to catch Julia on ch7. I'll be glad when Hochanda comes back on 3rd. I've missed so much!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow John what a beautiful card, - very elegant. Love it.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous! Love the design and so classy!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning card, I love the beautiful detail
    on the striplet die.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, A fabulous card !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow John ,love the way you have placed the tags at different directions ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the background and colour John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eh up John
    Gorgeous vision in lilac.I got the Swirl Stripe Panel a couple of weeks ago and its a lovely design but goodness, it takes a few passes through the GC to cut the bloomin thing lol!
    Loving your wedding creations.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  33. All out of sync this week as I'm on holiday. Lovely card John. Thanks.
    D x

    ReplyDelete