Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 3 April 2016

Design Team Sunday...

Happy Sunday,

I'm sorry today's post is a little late Blogger has been playing with me again and this was scheduled for next year!  As I'm sure you all know by now Sunday is my day for the Inspiration blog over at Creative Expressions design team.  The Team and blog has loads of inspiration for you using the products supplied through Creative Expressions.  This month we are mixing it up a little and working with the beautiful new range from Justrite Stamps and dies as well as my paper pack and items form the new Wedding Collection by Craft Consortium.

Here's my first card using some of this range form Justrite and I have to say I really like the way this has come out!

I started by choosing the colour scheme and of course I went of the chambray blue set straight away.  I selected the spring trail and the daisy dots pages using the stripe of the reverse of the dots  as all the colours match perfectly.

I started by cutting the Garden Circle die form bright white foundation card and shaded it with clear day colour cloud and a mini smoothie to blend the colour across the beautiful frame.,  Next I cut a circle form the daisy dots paper and stock the garden circle over this.  I cut to the centre to make the ring and added stick on pearls around the centre which highlights the detail and hides any edges I didn't hand cut well!

Next I cut the smallest banner die in the stitched A2 banners set in the spring trail paper twice, I then cut the larger banner in periwinkle blue and matted these.  I foam mounted these two banners above each other to give a long banner as shown and added pearls again to highlight the design.

I mounted all of this onto a panel made using the stripe form the back of the daisy dots paper and then mounted the circle at the top.

Next I made three of the butterflies using the multistep flowers and butterflies clear stamps and matching dies.  I stamped the butterfly detail using perfect medium onto velum and heat embossed it with the new Cosmic Shimmer Snowcap sparkle embossing powder and cut them out using the matching die.  I arranged these flying up the card and added stick on pearls as in the centre.

The finished card is made with layers of the bright white and periwinkle to frame the main elements.

It would be great if you click HERE and take a look at what the rest of the team have made this week!

Enjoy...

39 comments:

  1. So much work John but a wonderful result. Have a good Sunday.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John. I hope you had a good day at Colemans yesterday. Love this card. Julia used these banners a lot recently and I thought they looked so useful.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, really pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, beautiful card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card and I like the banners, quite effective. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello John, a lovely card, the blue is such a pretty shade. Great layout too. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I just love the design. I was a bit worried when your post wasn't here earlier blogger can be a bit difficult sometimes. I am really looking forward to Ally Pally next weekend it will be strange coming on the Sunday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, and what can I say but Stupendous, I love the way the papers have come out and the butterflies are something else, you really are a true master, wonderful.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    A beautiful card today, I love the colours as well.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John wow what a beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card, John. Jan and were sorry we couldn't get to Colemans - we need more warning next time.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card John. I really like this one alot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, what a stunning card really love it and a gorgeous colour.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card John, love the way the papers look on it. Hope you have a rest today. Love Rosemarie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Great card,
    pretty colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card John a real beauty thanks for sharing
    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card John well worth waiting for. I love how different it is. Really beautiful. Thanks for sharing.Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    Lovely card John, there's something about blue and pearls........ And the butterflies are gorgeous.
    Have a great Sunday, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John, wow love this card really worth waiting for. love the colour and the butterflies just finish the card off
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card today John. Thank you for sharing this with us. Looking forward to Ally Pally next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    what a very super design card.
    Love your colour choice, and the super items used to create it.
    Such a fab talent you have.
    Will pop over to the DT blog after.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John
    This is a very pretty card!!
    Using papers and co-ordinating stamps , and dies along with the colour cloud - the result is ACE!!!
    Thank you.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow no wonder you are really pleased with this as it is absolutely stunning and slightly different to your usual cards.
    I so love this card and your paper pad is gorgeous, I just keep looking at the pad
    not wanting to use it as it is too good lol. Perhaps I need to get one to play with and one to look at lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Afternoon John, its such a pretty card for us today and you explained it really well,the pearls and colour are lovely, love Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  25. Afternoon John, its such a pretty card for us today and you explained it really well,the pearls and colour are lovely, love Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty card. Like the colour.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous, love the design, layout and embellishments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this one John a little different for you, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, Stunningly beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John, love the colour I know you love blue tones, the products look lovely, another work of art - thank you for the links re the other designers X X X

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John. Love the card today (blue and white again). I do like the banner dies and have seen them on several cards to great effect. Looks like I may have to invest in them at some point.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    Great card today, especially love the vellum butterflies.
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fantastic! I love the design and the colour, very classy card. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Eh up John
    Not your usual but delightful nonetheless.
    Nice bit of pearlage.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Here you are ! I thought you'd emigrated as I popped in every so often yesterday and no signs of you, then I got engrossed in trying to design a card order for a lad who has his own DJ business and is having his 18th birthday in May, the next thing I knew it was 6pm and the dog was pleading to be fed. So the day ran away with me as it does once in the 'zone' and I didn't get chance to check back !
    All I can say is that this card must have taken you most of the day to make ! So much going on but it's gorgeous. I may have your paper pad, I may have dies in front of me, but I still never have a design in my head, I'd love to know your secret as I would Sue's, Phill's etc !
    Off to look at today's card before the day takes me away.

    Lovely card John xx

    ReplyDelete