Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 17 March 2016

Zoe in Iris...

Happy Thursday,




I'm running a workshop today at Creative Expressions in Kettering ( CE Towers as Mrs D named it!)  and then prepping for the NEC.  I will one demoing on Friday and Saturday on the Art of Craft stand at the NEC crafts show, pop along and say Hi if you are going!

I thought for today I would show a different use of the Zoe die that I used on Tuesday, this time I have gone back to my palette of blues!









I Started this card by cutting one of the double pierced rectangles in coconut white with the outer die form the Zoe set in the centre at the top.  Next whilst keeping the card in the dies I embossed the panel.  This is completed by placing the dies and cut piece, cutting edge up, into the open embossing folder.  Next leaving the folder open I placed the large tan mat over this ( so that the cutting edges of the die would go into the mat as pressure was added.   Whilst in the die I shaded the embossing using Indigo Mist colour cloud and a smoothie.   I then  added a couple pf sheets of copier pair and finally the raspberry plate before running the sandwich through the machine.  Remember you always leave the folder open if it is closed the dies will cut into the embossing folder, I know I've done this lol)

Next I cut a larger mat of the iris foundation card and using the first piece as a template I added the filigree and oval die ( dies 2 and 3) on the iris.  I cut this then repeated the procedure with the final die in the set (die 4).  I matted these layers together with foam tape adding an embossed panel behind the centre.  I then cut the peony cluster die in white and the separate flowers in the iris making this ornament up with 3mm white pearls in the centre.

I wrapped a strip of American seam binding, coloured with the colour cloud, around the piece and added a messy bow and the peony cluster on top as a focus point.

I repeated the die cut emboss technique using Iris card and the largest double pierced rectangle and added a few layers of iris and white to finish the card.  A pearl in each corner and complete.

This card could be used for any occasion and, in my view, would work for the gents as well!

Enjoy...
 

40 comments:

  1. Morning John, a gorgeous card and fab. colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    what a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    A lovely card thank you.
    Have fun and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    I iterate the above comments, what a lovely card. Colours blend so well and I love the peony cluster.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, a beautiful card, love the colours. Have a great day with the workshops. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours the dies and embossing folders are amazing. You are certainly very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John. A lovely card. I haven't tried embossing with the die in for fear of spoiling the folder.
    Looking forward to seeing you on the workshop, learning new ideas and having fun.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    Wow this card is gorgeous, I do love the blue as well.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Nice card again John.
    Have a good day! I want to get down to one of your workshops soon.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    A beautiful card. I love how you've recessed the Zoe die, and how the peony cluster is on the bow. Gorgeous colour too.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, John. Sorry I can't be there today but am going to the NEC. Hopefully will bump into Mrs Duck. Have a good day.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely John. Wish I came up with some of your great ideas.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful design and colour. I hope you have a fabulous day too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks great John. Just love the colours.
    Thank you,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card. I like the effect when you leave the die in the card as you emboss it. I haven't been brave enough to give it a try yet! Hope to see you tomorrow at the NEC.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, but upset I won't get to see you at the NEC, I'm going Sunday. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks fab John, wish I was there too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning John, fabulous card, fabulous colour, fabulous flowers!!! Enjoy your day!!! Safe journey!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card John love it thank you the colours are fab dies also thank you
    Love June Horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, your doing it again aren't you, another stupendous card today, got to try this one, I so love the blues you have used they really make the card sing out. Enjoy yourself at your workshop and also preparing for NEC, sadly I cannot get up there this time, gutted, will miss everyone, I so love the NEC.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John, beautiful card today x

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful card, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    lovely card - blaming you for me getting the Zoe die as well as all the others. It is so beautiful.
    Have fun at the NEC, and thank you for beavering away and sharing with us.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning John, lovely card, and so nice to see you back in your blue period. I think I like this better than your Tuesday card
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    Tremendous Beautiful Card I Love The Very Stunning Colour Pallette
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this card. :) I like the colour blue and this one is stunning. :)
    Patxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great colour and the various techniques sound interesting so must try. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great colour and the various techniques sound interesting so must try. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Back to blue and white again I see. I am so pleased to see that you have put the method to re-create the use of an embossing folder through a die in writing. I did see you do it on TV but immediately forgot what you had said (I must be getting old!!!)

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card John Although I've seen this technique of leaving the die in place a few times by you, Sue etc I've still not tried it

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great card I especially love the colours you have used. Have a good time at the NEC.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Sue, A lovely card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. John this is another fab and beautiful card and I love the colours. just beautiful and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Eh up John
    The epitome of classic and elegant.
    Hope you kept the girlies entertained today.
    Didn't manage to bump into Ann at the NEC. :-(
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely card in a gorgeous colour. I have this die and it is just beautiful. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very elegant John, I wish I had your mind and talent, sorry I have been away for a bit, I have seen some of your shows on Hochanda you look so relaxed and at home X X X

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely card today John. Locke the colour.. Thank you for sharing this today.

    ReplyDelete