Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Yellow Lillies...

 Happy Tuesday,

Today I am running a workshop for a lovely craft group in St Helen's, the ladies have booked this with me and we will be making an array of projects as well as crafting and chatting.  Remember if you would like me to run a workshop in your area you simply need to either get your local craft shop or group to email me and I will see what I can arrange.

Today's card is a real change from yesterday and back to the spring like yellow that I seem to have fallen for at the moment.  It seems so easy to use this colour now I have eight designs in matching shades in my paper pack! ( honestly I don't just design for my own use lol)







I started by stamping the lily lattice circle in watering can archival ink onto the spring trail pattern in buttermilk.  I cut this out around the edge and then added one of the sentiments that fit in the centre from my Lily of the Valley everyday sentiment set.  I cut this out with the circle die in the Maggie frame and tags set and added a thin white mat cut using the larger circle in the Melbourne shape die set  and foam mounted these into the centre.

Next I cut the three complete petals sweetheart flowers form the daisy dots paper and added the outline open petals ( that come in the same set) in bright white foundation card.  I added a PVA pearl drop using Phill Martin's graceful mustard to add interest and finish the flowers.






to make the backing I embossed apiece of bright white using the Rose Blooms pinpoint embossing folder and rubbed Pearl Lustre metallic gilding polish all over out, i polished it off and cut a panel using the outline die ( die number 2) from the Australian background die set.  I added this to a panel cut using the largest die in the Australian background set I added the waste from the spring trail pair behind this and matted it with primrose foundation card.

I cut the lace edged leaves ( you get both mirror images in the set) from bright white foundation card.  I arranged these around the circle and added the flowers on top around the bottom right.  I added the whole panel to an embossed piece embossed using the victorian tile embossing folder again covering it i the metallic gilding polish.  A few more layers of white and primrose, a few PVA pearl dots and done.




Long instructions but thought I should make up for the lack yesterday! I had a fab day at Mountain Ash crafts yesterday what a wonderful place in the middle of a vineyard!

Enjoy..

45 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Another lovely card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, what a stunning card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, a lovely card today, gorgeous soft yellow and some great stamping. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card today. Yellow is not a colour I use very often but this one is gorgeous and ass I have the paper pad, I'll be playing this afternoon. Thank you!
    Maggie B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a gorgeous card love the colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John a beautiful spring card today, I too love the yellow's you have been using and your papers are absolutely fabulous, thanks also for the detailed instructions.

    Wish I could have got to the Vineyards with you yesterday but it was not to be.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    what a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, perfect Spring colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    Another stunning card today. I love the yellow
    Have fun at your workshop.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Love the yellow. Have fun while i'm at work!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, This is lovely. I hope you have a great day with the lucky peeps in St Helens, it's not far away from me. Glad your workshops went well yesterday. You are a busy bee.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello John. Another really lovely card and thanks for the instructions - will give it a go !
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty and spring like card John. Love it. glad you had a good day yesterday, in the middle of a vineyard!!!!!! Love Rosemarie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really lovely card and I must say yellow is growing on me. Thank for such a fab demo day yesterday. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this yellow paper, John. The stamps look great.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the spring like colours. Enjoy your day today it sounds brilliant. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John and crafters all,
    Thank you for another stunning card. Love the yellow with white and the corner combo looks great ( love sweet heart flowers)
    Enjoy your workshop
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John,
    Lovely card, have a good day at the demo.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John
    A gorgeous card, the yellow is growing on me. Beautiful flowers.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beauty John love it the papers are lovely thank you
    Love June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, lovely card, your stamps and papers are beautiful, and I am slowly being converted to yellow.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John. Today's card is fab. Like you I am just discovering the beauty of yellow and I fell in love with the lily lattice circle as soon as I saw it. Thank you

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you got me a bottle of wine yeasterday !!!! YOur in my neck of the woods today, have a good day and a lovely card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning John unfortunately your card shows as pink and orange in the photos apart from the close up but I'm sure it is very pretty in real life! Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John. Never thought of using yellow until I saw your cards. Now I'm hooked.
    Beautiful card.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello John, totally gorgeous, I love the beautiful colours and fabulous design, thanks for your visit, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  27. John,
    I absolutely love this card. it has to be one of my all time favorite!!! To begin with, Yellow is my favorite colour. I love the rose embossing folder. The whole card is a beautiful composition.
    Thank you for sharing. I definitely want to try this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,
    what a super card, and your design is so lovely, and very spring like.
    Love everything about it.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card today so right for Spring even though it is pouring with rain down here in Devon.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beauty of a card! Love the design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Afternoon John. Hope the head is ok after yesterday's work shop lol (only jesting)
    It's so nice to open your blog and be greeted by a beautiful spring card, especially when it looks & feels more like Autumn up here (being close to Lands you'll know exactly what I mean) !! What a vile drive home for you, that's if you drive that is.
    Thank you for putting a smile on my face with such a beautiful 'happy' card. Have a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. That should have read Lancs not Lands ! Stupid predictive text

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card John. The colour and your flowers really make it something special. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely card John. I rarely use yellow but it is growing on me. It looks very Springlike.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is so pretty John. Just about to try out the gilding paste which arrived today.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very pretty card. Am increasingly partial to yellow these days.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi John this is such a pretty card and the yellow is subtle but stands out at the same time X X X

    ReplyDelete
  38. Eh up John
    Lemony loveliness. A definite vision of Spring. Beautiful design.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Another stunning card today, I love the lattice stamp
    and it is now on my list of must haves.
    also love the embossing and one of my favourite dies the Australian background is so useful and I am using quite a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What lovely die cuts, layers and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete