Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Time for Beige...

Happy Tuesday,

Well as usual with me there is always time for beige! and so I included this warm linen colour in my paper pack and used it for today's sneak of the launch on Hochanda next Monday night at 8pm!  Today's card  uses not only the paper pack but also one of the Brand New embossing folders, designed by Sue Wilson, that will feature on the show.

For this card I used a few of the different papers in the Warm Linen colourway from my paper pack using a combination of the pierced flags die s and hand cut flags that are a little larger.

I stared by embossing apiece of bright White foundations card with the new Daisy Dots embossing folder and the shading it with Frosted Mink colour cloud blending ink ( the colour iOS form the Phill Martin collection) I layered this onto a piece of papyrus foundation card and added a thick frame of bright white and papyrus card.  Next I hand cut a piece of the spring trail paper in warm linen into a flag and matted this onto more of the base card.  I cut the centre Thank You die from Sue Wilson's new perspectives dies twice, once in white and once in papyrus and glued these together to create a shadow effect.  I then cut the smallest and medium flags from the pierced flags set in matching papers form the paper pack and added thin borders of the papyrus.

I made up the card as shown threading the flags through the thank you circle and adding a messy bow of London Tan seam binding to one side.  Finally I made up some of the new sweetheart flowers by cutting base of the daisy dots paper and adding the open petal die cut ( these all come together in the same set) over the top.  I cut into the centre of each flower around the edges of the petals and shaped the flowers adding a stick on pearl in the centre arranging these in size order up the front of the card.

Depending on the recipient this could be easily made for lots of different people using any of the 6 tonal shades in my new paper pack.

The paper pack and my new release of stamps started hitting the shops yesterday I can't believe how exciting it is to see you own designs available for sale!

Enjoy...

42 comments:

  1. Morning John, a gorgeous card must check my craft shop for your papers they look fantastic.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card John will look out for the papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the new papers!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    what a stunning card love the colours and the paper's thank you tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John.
    Thank you just Brilliant.
    take care kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, could be used for many occasions.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Happy March!!!!!
    This card looks great, colours and papers blend together so well. Looking forward to new products arriving in the craft shops, tho do not have a decent one near me, so online it be!!!
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, beautiful card, loving your paper pad x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love how you have used the dies in this design. It must be so exciting seeing your designs for sale in the shops. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello John, I really love this card, the colours and papers are fabulous, and the layout is brilliant. One for me to try. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    I have recieved your paper pad and it is so pretty - love it!
    Got it from Julia and I am so pleased with it. Love the card too.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good, morning John. What a delicate shade. I can well understand how excited you must feel.
    Tracey has just confirmed that I have a place on your afternoon workshop at CE on 17 March when I think we are trying out some of your new products. Good job I've been saving up, I think...!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, a beautiful card today and am loving the peeks of the new papers that you are showing us, I have already ordered the ef folder from my supplier and this is the first time I have seen it so I am pleased I picked this one out, I hope you have rested up a bit since the weekend, but knowing you as I think I do then you are still at it with all your designs and samples, well we are the lucky ones to see all of these.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John,
    I love the papers and today's card. I do love the colour cloud inks they make blending so easy.
    Thanks for the sneak peek.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty card. I like the more delicate shading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love that John. It's beautiful. Sometimes it's good to have a rest from brighter colours. I recently made a beige and white card, just for a change, and I loved it when it was finished. Think I might make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card, John. Unfortunately, I can't get to the workshop with Jan - next time hopefully.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, I love this !!! your papers are beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John,
    Very pretty card, the papers look gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. So understated and elegant - love it.
    Thank you
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John lovely papers and embossing folder love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beige but not boring! Gorgeous card John, I love the delicate colour. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card John,I love the subtlty of the colours on this card. Just gorgeous!!!
    Patxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the papers John - very classy. I particularly like the design of the card as it is so different. I really struggle with different designs and have just realised that all my cards look so similar :-(

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    absolutely gorgeous card. Love that paper.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just perfect John A deifinite my kinda card A bit of frou frou but not too much

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John
    My style of card. Not to frilly, it's gorgeous as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Are you and Julia getting your permanent offices/rooms at Hochanda? don't forget your step for the launch. I think we need a picture of you in your box. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card and fabulous paper John.
    Looking forward to seeing them in real life. Missed you on Hochanda - a long story
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  30. A stunning card John love it the papers are lovely must have I'm afraid.
    Thank you for the brill shows
    Love June Horrocks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good morning John, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, love the paper and the embossing folder.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello John

    I really love this card as it is so subtle. Love the daisy dots and the flowers are gorgeous.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are spoiling us as this card is really lovely. Thank you. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful design, love the dies.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Eh up John
    Beige is the new black! Love the gentle tonal elegance of this stunner.
    You are rightly thrilled with these delightful papers.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Pretty papers and lovely card, well done John, hugs T x

    ReplyDelete
  38. A gorgeous card John! I love everything about it, especially your new papers.

    ReplyDelete
  39. wow I absolutely love this card and your new paper pad is absolutely gorgeous.
    I just love the designs and the colours and are definitely going to be a welcome addition to my stash.
    I am like you as I like to keep one and use one lol

    ReplyDelete