Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Threaded Cobalt...

Happy Tuesday,

Isn't it funny how lightening strikes at the same time?!?  I had a comment yesterday from Anne O saying how she could see thin ribbon threaded through the apertures in the outline die in the Australia background die.  Well I made this a few weeks ago ready for the release so I couldn't resist showing this today!

I stared by stamping the stitched hearts A6 background stamp in cobalt archival ink onto coconut white foundation card.  I cut the outline die in the Australia background around the stamped image.


Next I threaded thin double sided satin ribbon through the outline and then added this piece to a cobalt foundation card to frame the piece.  I cut both the dies in the new configurations die Milford adornment which has a separate outside cutting die, in coconut white foundation card.  I then cut the outline die form the Milford adornment in cobalt card, again time, and placed the white detailed cuts over the blue plain shapes.  I butted 2 of these together and shaded around the outside using a mini smoothie and the cobalt archival ink.

I cut the centre die from the frames and tags set Lauren and stamped the sentiment, from my pierced flags and tags,and added this to a piece cut with the larger oval die in cobalt.

Next I cut 2 small and one medium complete petals sweetheart flowers in white and the matching dies in with open petals in cobalt.  I made up the flowers and added them around the sentiment with stick on pearls, and a messy bow of the double sided silver thin satin ribbon.





I finished the card with an embossed panel with the leafy quad A4 embossing folder which I again shaded in the cobalt ink using a mini smoothie .  A few layers of cobalt and white and finished.

I really hope this was the look you were thinking of Anne!

Ingredients:
Card Size: 18 x 30 cm
Colours: Coconut White, Cobalt foundation card
Stamps: Stitched Hearts A6 Background, Pierced Flags sentiments
Dies: Australia Background, Milford Adornment, Lauren Frame and Tags, Sweetheart Flowers
Embossing: Leafy Quad A4 embossing folder
Inks: Cobalt archival ink, 
Embellishments: 5mm & 8mm White stick on pearls, CE double sided satin ribbon pack Silver

Enjoy...

52 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you so pretty.
    take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a beautiful card and the narrow ribbon looks great threaded through the die.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    another stunning card love the colours and the dies and stamps thanks tracyw x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Now I know what to do with all my narrow ribbon that I save off clothes. Funnily I just ordered this background die yesterday as something for when I get home cos there aren't any craft shops in Geneva 😞 Must be fate.

    Have a great day

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card John...trading the card finishes it off!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card John...trading the card finishes it off!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, loving the card today x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    Again really nice card today. Need to get some of your new stamps this weekend.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John
    Yes! Exactly what I had in mind with the ribbon! Haha! What a gorgeous card. I love the background stamp and the way it reflects the shape of the flowers. Oh dear, my new wish list is getting longer. And just when I'd thought I didn't need any more dies.... Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another very pretty card John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, really stunning.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, this is a stunning creation, love everything about it. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card John I loved the way the background ties in with the flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love everything about it. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    Such a beautiful card!
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    A stunning card today I love it.
    Thanks for sharing
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card John. I love the stitched heart background it makes the card look very classy. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, you have done it again, love it, yes I also had thought of the ribbon when I first saw the die being released, the die is crying out for it on some cards and yours is so gorgeous, you always surprise me with such beautiful creations, I shouldn't be surprised really because you are so, so talented.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John a gorgeous card today .Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John
    Gorgeous card, would look lovely in aqua. That threaded ribbon is so effective.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, I love this card !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card John, that background die is just crying out to be woven with ribbon, it just looks amazing, thank you for the daily inspiration John,
    Hugs
    Sandra
    Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another beautiful card, John. You're spoiling us.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty, John - love the background stamp.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John. Double whammy. After seeing your card yesterday I ordered the Australian background die. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    Fabulous card, just love the background stamp.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card John love it the die and colour are beautiful thank you xxxxlove June

    ReplyDelete
  28. Morning John,
    A beautiful card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, I love the background die and the stamp is just gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John
    Stunning Card, I Love All The Fabulous Products Used On This Very Beautiful Card Thanks For Sharing.
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  31. HI John
    Stunning card. Love the design and colours
    Terri
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card John. I love the colours and that stitched heart stamp is lovely.
    Pat
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello John

    Truly beautiful card and just love the colour choice.

    Such a stunning card that is not over the top. Fantastic!

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!
    THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL, JOHN.
    THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John
    I'm trying so hard to make sure I pop in everyday
    I love it
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John
    I'm trying so hard to make sure I pop in everyday
    I love it
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a stunning card John. Blue and white, so that's possibly why I like it so much. I still love the stamp that you have used for the background.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi John, Fabulous card, really really like this background Die and hopefully it will be resting nicely with my other C.E. Dies very shortly and the Stamp is perfect
    Wendyx




    ReplyDelete
  39. Fantastic card John. What a stunning background.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Afternoon John, this is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi John, just has stunning as yesterday!!! Love it!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. absolutely gorgeous, I love the pattern on the stamp.
    So pretty and detailed.
    I never thought of putting ribbon through the edge of the Australian background die but it looks so effective.
    I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful card John. Love the stamps and the die. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi John
    Wow, what a striking card this is. Love the die and the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very striking in one of my favourite colours. threading ribbon is a lovely idea

    ReplyDelete
  46. Eh up John
    Another thud as the jaw hits the ground again. The second card in a dynamic duo with this lovely die.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Stunning again John! I need that background stamp ASAP!

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete