Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Roses are Red...

Happy Wednesday,

I know it seems strange to start again with a bow but I just love this double sided two tine red ribbon so I started this card by making the bow!  I then thought how well it would match with the stunning new design of stamps to die for Retro Roses which is designed to match with the Sydney die shape from the new Australia collection designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.

To start this one, once I had tied by bow, I stamped my stitched Heart A6 background stamp onto coconut white using red geranium archival ink.  If you look closely you will see all the hearts that make up the pattern are hand drawn as if stitched with cross stitch and straight stitches.  I cut this to size and mounted it onto rich red foundation card.



Next I stamped the retro roses stamp to die for in watering can archival ink and coloured it using watercolour pencils from my stash.  I shared using 2 colours of red and drew out the colours using a damp paintbrush.  For the lines at the back I light ran a pencil line down each one and softened these lines again using a damp paintbrush.  This gives a feeling of movement and shading.

Next I cut the whole piece out using the outline die from the Sydney set and used the largest centre circle from the set to cut the centre out.  I cut the smaller centre circle from a piece of rich red and mounted the coloured image above.  I then cut a plain mask in red from the Sydney outline and cut the centre out before cutting this in half and mounting each piece behind the stamped image to give a shadow or border.  Finally I used the circle lattice, again in the Sydney die set, how versatile is that?!? in white card and foam mounted this behind.

The whole piece is mounted over the stitched hearts background so that the pattern shows through the lattice.  I added this piece to a larger set of layers onto which, for balance, I added a further strip of the two tone ribbon.

Ingredients:
Card Size: 21 x 28 cm
Colours: Coconut White, Rich Red foundation Card
Stamps: Retro Roses Stamp to Die For, Stitched Hearts A6 background.
Dies: Sydney die set
Embossing:None
Inks: Red Geranium archival Ink
Embellishments: two tone fabric ribbon in red (for ribbon stockists Click HERE)

Enjoy...

44 comments:

  1. Morning John, a beautiful card lovely bold colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, its a very pretty card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    "WOW" This Card Is Awesome I Love The Fantastic Stamp And Die And Your Tremendous Bow Thanks For Sharing.
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.Thank you a lovely card,
    Just right for Valentines day or Mothers day.
    Take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.

    Have a great day

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Valentine's Day card that would make. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John
    That is a really lovely card. I was glancing at stamps to buy and this one caught my eye. Will now buy it. Love it!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card John I love the stamp .
    It may have to be added to my wish list ....
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, this card is lovely, there are some cards where a big bow is just perfect. Love the stamp too. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card, just not sure about the bow on this one.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    I love this card and love the stamps you have used.
    Thanks for sharing
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the bow it is sumptuous. The stamp is beautiful. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    "It started with a bow " { i feel a song coming on } haha .
    Your card is Scrumptious ,gorgeous design ,colors and beautiful bow.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    A really beautiful card, I love the stamps and the way that you have coloured them.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, A very pretty card, loving the stamping.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning John. What a pretty stamp on a lovely card design. The colour of the bow is beautiful, but not sure about it on this card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John, am loving the card, beautiful and the red ribbon is to die for, but I can't get the link to work to see where to buy it?

    Such sad news for Sue yesterday.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John,
    Sorry for me it's better without the bow, love the card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that is some bow John, card looks great, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card, John, but like others I am not sure about the bow. A bit too big for me.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John ,WOW you have done it again .This will make a lovely Valentine card. Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John
    A gorgeous card, and lovely stamps. That bow is gorgeous too.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. that's some bow John,lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am not one for hearts and such like but that doesn't prevent me appreciating this pretty card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eh up John
    The colour of the ribbon is lovely but I'm afraid I'm in the too big camp, only because that beautiful background is competing against it.
    Hope you're having a rest today.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gosh, these stamps are so pretty !
    Thank you for another beautiful card, John.
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    Brilliant card but better without the bow, it's competing with the beautiful background. As Ang said.....Sorry!
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning John, me too Love the card!!! Bow's way too big!!! Sorry!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John. A pretty card again today. I have bow envy again, mine never come out looking like this. I had to stop using bows though because of the increased postage costs. Love the background stamp.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  30. JustLOVE the large bow John and it really sets off this stunning card.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi john that bow is a wowser. The card is stunning thank you xxxxx
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Morning John, this is a lovely card and how I wish I could get my stamped images to look as good as this
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John

    What a great idea to start with the bow!

    What a lovely card. This card would make a fantastic Valentine Day card.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John liking the drsign and the stamps but, sorry, I would leave off the bow. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. A beautiful card and a stunning bow there John.....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card John. :) Very very pretty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. The bow says it all and another stamp and die to add to my wish list. Lovely. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. The bow says it all and another stamp and die to add to my wish list. Lovely. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. It's beautiful. Why is it, when I try to add a bow, it always looks "plonked" or out of place!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi John,

    It's a beautifu card, the background stamp is fabulous. Looks very useful indeed.

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi John,
    This card is beautiful! I think I will have to invest in the stamps and die. Thanks for showing such a lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful card today John. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete