Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 1 February 2016

New Stamps...


Happy Monday,

I hope you all enjoyed the stunning new Die launch over on Sue Wilson's Particraft blog last week.  I thought I would showcase the wonderful matching stamps to die for this week that are designed to match the new die range

I had to start with the new Lilly Corner as it is the first sample I made when I got the stamps, I really enjoyed colouring this to look like a stargazer lily!

I stamped the Lily corner twice in watering can Archival ink.  I coloured just the flowers on one of the images using a mixture of distress markers  ( Worn lipstick, tattered rose etc)  I ran the colour around the edges of the petals then pulled the colour out, to shade, using a water brush.  I did the same with the leaves and foliage.  I then added darker dots in the centre of the petals to replicate the stargazer lily look ( the stamp comes plain allowing you to colour to look like many different flowers)


Next I cut these flowers out and decoupaged them with from tape, over the first stamped image.  This I coloured around the edges and then again pulled the colour out using a water brush which shed the distress ink form dark to light in the centre.


I cut an aperture using the matching die and foam mounted this above the stamped image and made the remainder of the card around this.

A simple die cut but I really think this fares the stamped image.

Ingredients:
Card Size: 21 x 28 cm
Colours: Coconut White, Strawberry Pink ( from my stash)
Stamps: Lily Corner stamp to die for
Embossing:beaded fanfare pinpoint A4 embossing folder
Inks: Watering can archival ink, Distress markers mixed colours in pinks, yellows and greens.
Embellishments: Pearl stick pins & pink dazzler

Enjoy...


For any of my stamp sets please Click HERE for Julia Watts Crafts website

44 comments:

  1. Hi John
    This Card Is Truly Stunning I Love Your Stamps It Must Be Great To Work Together With Sue's Dies.
    Hugs From Sam xx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Just beautiful great for weddings or sympathy, Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, wow your card is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card John. Your stamps are amazing as is your colouring. Keep up the good work. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John. What a beautiful card- the stamp, design and the colour. Gorgeous.
    Jan
    Northamoton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John,
    Lovely card. Who doesn't like stargazer lilies!
    Everything about it is great.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, gorgeous colouring on the flowers.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the stamp it is so pretty. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful John! I'm glad you showed us that because I just bought that stamp and them wondered what I was going to do with it. I have some of the other stamps too, so will be watching with interest over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, this card is gorgeous, love the lily stamp and your colouring is fantastic. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow how stunning. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card.

    Have a great day

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eh up John
    I'm not getting Stargazer colours, guess its my pesky screen again but its a vision of loveliness and the stamp is beautiful.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. Like the stamp.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John,
    A beautiful card today, I love it.
    I wish I had distress ink pens.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    Beautiful stamp.
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous John and very PINK!!!!!!
    Great stamp, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card and stamp.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. It does look very pink on my screen Howver I like it you haven't mentioned which die set you used...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John, now you are spoiling us today, such a beautiful stamp and I love your colouring (shush but it puts mine to shame), the surround is just perfect and compliments the flower a treat.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John. love the card .Your stamp and colouring is spot on .Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John
    A beautiful card, gorgeous stamp.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card John, love the stamp and colours used

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely stamp John, suits the die perfectly. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  24. A beautiful card, John. Love the stamp.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning John, stargazers one of my favourite flowers!!
    I like this it's stunning!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning John, a gorgeous card and I have Oriental Lilly's that look just like these they are beautiful I love them.
    Nancyd d xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, love those lillies.....lovely colour all round...luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Morning John,
    A beautiful card, love your lily stamp.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  29. Morning John, another beautiful card, and a lovely stamp set. Love the colour you have used.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John,
    Beautiful card and your stamp looks gorgeous, look forward to seeing some more of them.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  31. Afternoon John,
    I haven't commented lately but I do visit every day.
    All your cards are beautiful, I love them all, keep it up!
    Love Nancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    beautiful card, that pink is gorgeous, as is the stamp.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  33. What lovely lilies. Shows you don't have to save them just for sympathy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi john stunning card love your shows on hochanda thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card John. I love the way you have coloured these pretty stamps.
    Love Val in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely stamp John and beautifully coloured. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi John, A lovely card, the lily is beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. John that is just Beautiful!!!!
    I love it. Patxxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello John

    what a gorgeous card. Love the colour and the lilly stamp is lovely.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Another gorgeous card and with my favourite flowers.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the card and stamp and lovely colouring. Jxxx

    ReplyDelete