Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Something Simpler...

Happy Tuesday,

I thought you might all appreciate something simpler than yesterdays glitter fest!  I got the idea for this card from a Pinterest email I got where a card had been made with a pierced square in the centre.  I'm not very good at paper piercing ( or maybe I don't have the patience lol) but it got me thinking whether I could get the same look by just embossing one of Sue's double pierced squares from Creative Expressions.  Here's the result.









I started by cutting a square using the 3rd largest die from the double pierced squares.  next I added a smaller square in the centre and simply embossed this.  This meant that I got the impression of the line and the piercing however It didn't cut the square out.

Next I stamped the poem from my Winters Child clear stamp set for CE in black archival ink in the centre.  I then added 2 sparks of Ivy cut form card that I covered in CS colour Cloud inks and cut so that they looked more realistic with different sales running through them.






I then die cut several of the peony complete petals and shaded the edges using Indigo Mist colour cloud.  I then cut the dandelion clock dies and shaped them using a ball tool on a foam mat ( the same one I use for stamping)  I placed these in the centre of the flowers and added a pearl in the very middle to make the flowers.





Finally I added a thin layer of the Iris foundation card and a further layer using the largest square die and another thin layer of the iris.

A simple card but hopefully effective.

Ingredients:
Card Size: 19 x 19cm
Colours: Iris & Coconut white
Dies: Double pierced squares , Perfect Peony complete petals, trailing Ivy, Dandelion Clocks
Stamps: John Lockwood Winters Child clear stamps set
Cosmic Shimmer: Colour Cloud in Indigo Mist, Jade Forest, Sunlit Cedar, Fresh Grass





Also Don't fittest that Julia Watts and I will be working together on Saturday at her BIG SALE AND DEMO DAY!  Julia will have some fantastic prices on all crafty stash and she and I will be demoing all day.  Details below it would be great to see as many of you as possible there!



Enjoy...

45 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    I just love the delicacy of this card Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous John, love how you have done the flowers, lovely verse too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love this one John ,very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, love the simplicity of this card very elegant.
    Julia posted the information for your demo day last week wish I could make it looks like it will be great fun but a bit far away and we leave for Tenerife on the 8th.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Have fun on Saturday. Sorry I won't be able to make it got more decorating to do and my brother in laws birthday to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card John - love your flowers!!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John,
    A beautiful card today, I love it.
    Sorry can't make it to Julia's big sale day too far for me to go, plus I can't drive have to rely on others.
    I am on ba sitting duty again today. So no crafting for me.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be I'm on babysitting duty today lol
      Predictive text sorry.

      Delete
  8. Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love the flowers that means more dies on my wish list. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, a really lovely card, the verse is perfect. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eh up John
    Elegant simplicity at its best, brightening a dull morning.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card John <Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the clean fresh look of this card.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John. A lovely card, especially the flowers. Saturday earmarked!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi JOhn ,this card would brighten up a dull day .Love it .Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, This card is stunning !! I love the fresh look to it, I love how you have done the embossed square in the centre (I really must try this technique), I love the peony flowers and I absolutely adore how you have put the dandelion clock die-cuts in the centre of the flowers, they look so effective. I love this card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    A stunner, love it all.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, what a lovely card today x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Beautiful as always!
    :-)
    Lorna D
    Sadly I won't make the 'Big Sale', Edinburgh is just too far to travel from. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning John definitely a less is more card very pretty love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the simplicity of this, John. A beautiful card.
    See you Saturday.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Stunning card, I love the fresh looking colours and the pierced squares in the middle look really beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John
    Lovely lovely card today. Love the colours as well. I like how your now doing your ingredients list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely car d and I so love your stamps John thanks

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another great card - I love your stamps for each month - what a good idea.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you, John,
    for this lovely, clean offering. So much appreciated. Must use the dandelion clocks as a centre, too.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello John

    Stunning card again today. Love the month stamps and they make each card so unique.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love everything about today's card, so much so it would be great if you could post it to me for my birthday on Friday :).
    I am feeling like I may be starting a cold, I really hope not but my youngest has had an awful one for a while so it would not be surprising.
    Wishing good things to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Morning John, oh sorry it is afternoon now. A really beautiful card today, I love the stamps you have used, and the flowers look great but the embossed pierced squares really do look effective, I have got to try this, I thought you said you were not good at it, well I can tell you that you are..............

    Just got back from drs and then hospital for xray on my knee, now got to wait 10 days (in pain) for the results, wish I could afford to go private I would then get the results the same day but hey ho.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card. Must try this and get the dandelion die.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card today John.
    My daughter is a January girl!, this is a lovely verse.
    Love Nancy x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, beautiful card today as usual!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. A lovely card John. Beautiful in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John,
    Really good idea for the centre embossing. Nice1
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. A simple but oh so beautiful card, I just love this new range of stamps....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely card John , love the embossed pierced piece and the flowers are gorgeous,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi John I love this. Card so simple and un-cluttered really elegant.
    Sometimes less is more
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very classy Love it Have a great day Work and lack of driving skills prevented me from visiting today

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the clean and simple look John, it's a really beautiful card. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Another one here that loves the clean and simple but ever so pretty look.
    Once afain I love your stamps and also the way you have embossed the pierced squares around the sentiment.
    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi John, so so pretty John x love the fresh crisp look and the embossed images of Sue's pierced square dies. Really effective xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. oooo ps, hope you both have a great day tomorrow! I wish I could be there but too far and pennies too. Hope everyone else who are going, get a grand bargain......or two....!xx

    ReplyDelete